CarFax Maintenance App

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
So I’ve never been good at keeping a paper trail on my own maintenance and repairs, but looked into an app and found CarFax Maintenance/Repair app. This is perfect! It goes all the way back to when the vehicle was new at the dealership in 2007 when they did a presale check. I can add images of the repair/maintenance that I have done as well. I do suggest something like this if you do your own repairs/maintenance.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Since last year Carfax made changes to their “accident reported” feature. It now shows how, where and why the damage occurred if they have documentation of it.

Just before listening our 08 Denali XL for sale, some clown backed into the bumper cover from the side in a clean straight shot. Fortunately the rear quarter was completely missed.

The free Carfax provided on TRED showed “rear end collision” when only the rear bumper cover was replaced. It tanked the sale. Carfax acted stupid until I told them they’re liable for damages as AAA had carefully documented differently.

I was only allowed to speak to a live Carfax rep once. They told me send in pics and the insurance documentation. They updated the report to “minor damage reported” Even with pics and documentation they would *not* allow parking lot damage under 5 mph in the description.

Since last March Carfax now will update history reports if you can document it with new credible, verifiable info. Make sure that if you upload receipts to Carfax to protect your identity and payment information. Cali will not allow your identity to be sold, period. After I bought our Esky from TX I simply entered the VIN in Google and It showed the 1st owner. I entered his name and address and got his new info in NY within 10 minutes. Got 2nd owners info because the dealer never processed the DMV Ppwk.

The 1st owner said it was a great truck. 2nd owner said it wasn’t a good truck. He traded it for a Lexus. Fortunately the 2nd owners denial to service the 4 blown Magneride and clogged emissions charcoal canister was my win @ 120k mi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
That’s all very interesting. Too bad about the damage reported. Just recently I was looking at used Jeep’s and noticed a few that said the same thing of “minor damage” and I thought to myself it was probably just a little tap in the parking lot or something. Thanks for sharing all this.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Old school here. I have a folder with all paperwork generated stored in the order the work was done. I like looking at a full page instead of bowing my neck to look at a cell phone and having to enlarge screen. When I recently sold my 2002 LT I supplied all paperwork to them in a folder and they really liked that. What work that was done at my friend's shop was shown on receipts as well. Work that I did myself, I supplied a copy of my ASE Master Tech cert. I even supplied the touch up paint, that I had bought, for the scratches at the driver's door. I miss that 2002 with the 3.73 gears. Fun to haul ass with.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Old school here. I have a folder with all paperwork generated stored in the order the work was done. I like looking at a full page instead of bowing my neck to look at a cell phone and having to enlarge screen. When I recently sold my 2002 LT I supplied all paperwork to them in a folder and they really liked that. What work that was done at my friend's shop was shown on receipts as well. Work that I did myself, I supplied a copy of my ASE Master Tech cert. I even supplied the touch up paint, that I had bought, for the scratches at the driver's door. I miss that 2002 with the 3.73 gears. Fun to haul ass with.
I used to do the same. I was tracking my mileage on different fuels and found the app handy. The nice thing is I can access all my information from anywhere in the world at any time with an app and cloud storage.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’ve never been good at keeping a paper trail on my own maintenance and repairs, but looked into an app and found CarFax Maintenance/Repair app. This is perfect! It goes all the way back to when the vehicle was new at the dealership in 2007 when they did a presale check. I can add images of the repair/maintenance that I have done as well. I do suggest something like this if you do your own repairs/maintenance.
ya that one came free with my Silverado for as long as I own it, but the info in it is wrong on the registration date and it is apparently estimating the tire rotation date on it's own, I will have to log in and see if I can correct it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos