Can the rear unlock/locks be disabled.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newyukondriver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Yukon Denali w/ captains chairs. My toddler can reach the lock / unlock button from his car seat in the second row and when he wants to be especially difficult (as toddlers do) he will hit the lock and unlock button repeatedly while we are driving. It is ANNOYING. I would like to disable those lock/unlock buttons so if he hits them nothing happens. I asked the dealer and he has no idea if it is possible. Does anyone know if this can be done and how to do it?

Matz

Reaction score
There is a switch on the side of the door near where it latches .

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d like to be able to turn off or disable the switch. My kids play with the switch driving down the road. My old 2017 GMC Acadia had a disable button that worked great but I don’t think it exists on my 21 Tahoe.

OP
OP
N

newyukondriver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have the child lock switch on the door flipped so he cannot open the door. That's not the issue. Like Micahsd, I want to be able to disable the lock/unlock BUTTONs so he cannot flip the switches and repeatedly lock and unlock the doors.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Put him in the third row, or convert the 2nd row so he can sit in the center? Give him something else to do.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Or trade in the kids for some dogs, then you just have to worry about fur and not everything else !!

Kidding obviously.... but didnt GM use to have a "main control lock" on the drivers door to prevent this? Or is it the windows I am thinking of...... I have no first hand knowledge for the tahoe/yukon, as I am waiting for GM want to produce since Sept.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 17 has the door and window lockout for the rears on the drivers door.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tape a piece of hard plastic over the switches; one that he can't push through to activate the switches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9