Can I replace TPMS sensor without removing tire? (bead breaker...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone do this using a bead breaker tool like the "Little Buddy"?

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I imagine it could be done, not sure what a "little buddy" is. I know we use to replace bad stems at a shop I worked as a teenager, but would use the machine to break the bead and hold it while we removed the old stem.

looked up little buddy, unless you already own it, seems it might be cheaper to find a small shop to help you out.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer your question, yes. But, places like Discount Tire will usually replace the sensor & program (if you already have the replacement) for like $5-10.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is how my shop replaces TPMS units (without removing the tire from the wheel).

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer your question, yes. But, places like Discount Tire will usually replace the sensor & program (if you already have the replacement) for like $5-10.

Thanks for this answer, I know there are two different MHz sensors, how can you tell which you have? I need to order some, as at least one is dead. I figure I'll order 4.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Thanks for this answer, I know there are two different MHz sensors, how can you tell which you have? I need to order some, as at least one is dead. I figure I'll order 4.

To my knowledge all '07-'14 trucks use the 315MHz sensors.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
rpo code in your glove box or build sheet will tell you for sure
xl7=315mhz
xl8=433mhz

That's funny... I don't have either code... at least not on the printout I got from GM. I will have to double check my glove box.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny... I don't have either code... at least not on the printout I got from GM. I will have to double check my glove box.
Yeah I have to check the glovebox too, at the top of my build sheet it says: " *IVH is not the definitive source of GM Vehicle RPO information..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons