Can i remove these from the suspension??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey so i wanted a more level look in my truck and i was thinking why cant i just remove the upper and lower spring isolators on the rear coils?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but the springs would transmit more vibration/noise into the cabin. Not sure if there would be a mechanical issue.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey so i wanted a more level look in my truck and i was thinking why cant i just remove the upper and lower spring isolators on the rear coils?

your talking about the thin rubber pads on top and bottom? Yes, it's fine. You might get a little squeak going over bumps or something, but it's fine.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your talking about the thin rubber pads on top and bottom? Yes, it's fine. You might get a little squeak going over bumps or something, but it's fine.

squeaks like that annoy the crap outta me but it's not my ride :shrug: I vote that you're much better off just buying shorter springs and some shock relocation brackets and call it a day.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Leave them in. When I removed mine I noticed a .2" height difference at best and did have a squeak here and there.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulling isolaters wouldn't be worth it IMO. Plus, after some time, the rubbing of metal to metal will wear away the paint from both coils and frame. No paint = bare metal. Bare metal = rust and corrosion.
Modded, trucks looking good.I haven't seen it with the blk wheels and grille.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Pulling isolaters wouldn't be worth it IMO. Plus, after some time, the rubbing of metal to metal will wear away the paint from both coils and frame. No paint = bare metal. Bare metal = rust and corrosion.
Modded, trucks looking good.I haven't seen it with the blk wheels and grille.

You and a few of the other founding members have been MIA for the last year?
I'm guessing you guys are just busy with life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879