Can I beat an 04 Silverado ext cab in my 2010 BB tuned Tahoe on E85?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He’s stock and I’m stock. I only have a BB Tune and they say it’s setup and ready if i run some E85. Thoughts? My buddy talks so much crap and I want to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s stock and I’m stock. I only have a BB Tune and they say it’s setup and ready if i run some E85. Thoughts? My buddy talks so much crap and I want to try it.

Other than injuring your pride if you lose, why not?

Whether you win or lose, it’s always fun to see who’s rig is faster.

OP
OP
chilleblanco36

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I know. I’m a racer and he’s not but he talks so much crap because I’m heavier, but I’d hope E85 would give me to boost to pull ahead.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a 6 speed auto, while your friend has a 4 speed. That gives you an advantage, the gearing sort of helps get the heavy hoe moving better.

OP
OP
chilleblanco36

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your going to do it, make sure you have a tank of all E85.
Yea I got a little of 1/4 tank now. I’m trying to run it down then I plan to fill up with E85. Then I plan to catch up with him around 1/4 tank or so to save weight

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this stock '04 Silverado ext. cab a 4.8? 5.3? 6.0? 2WD? 4WD?

What kind of race- 1/4 mile? 1/8 mile? Until one of you clearly pulls the other? From a dig or rolling?

I'd say you have this one in the bag, unless yours isn't running like it should. Still, do everything you can to maximize your chances. Between running it for a while on the E85 (to allow it to fully adjust) and on a 1/4 tank to minimize the weight, I'd say you have a good handle on this already. Lose the third row seats if you haven't already. Be safe, have fun and good luck!

Oh- I don't think it'd be a total ass-whoopin', but I'm gonna place my bet on you. I'm gonna say you'll pull him by at least a car length.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick