2015 Tahoe LTZ - Trying to decide between DiabloSport Trinity Vs Edge CTS2 Programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Delaney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I’m ready to tune the Hoe. I like the idea of these 2 products because of the touchscreen display and gauges. I have already added Volant CAI, Corsa Performance Exhaust, and Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer. I’m having a hard time finding out what kind of gains I can expect from either Diablo or Edge given my existing mods. Everything I’m reading is around +20HP adding to a stock motor. I’m thinking that I will want to run a custom tune taking my current setup into consideration. I’d love any insight on the subject. I’ve done all the work myself so far and now it’s time to learn about tuning. Here are a few pics as she sits now. Bought her stock, leveled the front, full chrome delete & badge removal, added Escalade tail lights, Grid Off-Road wheels wrapped in the new (released in March) Toyo AT3’s, plus the above mentioned mods. She’s ready for a tune!

Thanks for reading! :)

255290bcae22c4eca42366b4bdee9a6e.jpg

38c597e9e540784fbdf0cd8a2642dc9f.jpg
a860170b01d3476a3e3fe9bf5205ab79.jpg
8948f2684dd0d7ac0a4db87133221665.jpg
6e66c08495c3790bcef13dc1494e491b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks great! Im not sure on either product you are asking about but I would like to recommend http://www.blackbearperformance.com/. Their custom tunes are awesome and make a huge difference. They do not have the gauge setup though but are very much worth the cost. They have so much experience in tuning these vehicles and are probably the best you can do without actually having it on a dyno and in a tuners hands. They accommodate all your modifications and offer free tuning for life. So if in the future you further make performance changes they can re-tune to take advantage of them.

OP
OP
Jason Delaney

Jason Delaney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If a Black Bear Performance tune is within your budget, IMO, don't waste your time and money on anything else.
Thanks Joseph! The Diablo Trinity is $600, and comes with a couple preset tunes, then I’d have to pay for a custom tune on top of that to accommodate my mods. I’m gonna call a black Bear today. I’m wondering if I even need the display at this point. Honestly, I only want it to see where my HP, Torque, and other stats are in real time.

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal