Camaro ZL1 Steering Wheel to fit GMT900/800

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10silve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok - odd one here. I have a side project I’m going to sell. It’s a brand new 2014 camaro ZL1 steering wheel, alcantera suede with red stitch, paddle shifts, new airbag with pigtails and a modified hub to fit GMT800 and GMT900 truck shafts. I’ve also changed the plug to fit a GMT900/800 clockspring. I tried like hell to get the paddles to work with the 6L80 but was unsuccessful. If you have an aftermarket radio with a maestro module, you can get the steering wheel controls to work correctly. As is, the buttons will not be mapped correctly to factory radios (volume up is seek up, seek up is volume down, etc). Like I said, I’ve modified the hub to fit a truck steering shaft, it should fit all from 99 to 13. Airbag is brand new and has pigtails to crossover to the trucks wiring.

This is NOT a plug and play go for it steering wheel. To get this to work correctly, you’ll have to do a lot of work, which may or may not end up on success. I’ve pulled every schematic and pinout for all the modules and have not gotten the paddles to function. Likewise, you’ll be splicing your airbag connection. I should note that 07-14 it will crossover. 99-06 use a single stage airbag and I don’t believe it’s compatible. There are airbags from a Cruze that will work which are single stage and will fit but expect to pay about $500 for those. All will be fine, but some people are wary of all that. I’ll include pin outs so you can mess with it yourself.

Now, it looks and feels absolutely amazing. Super soft and thicker than the stock wheel. This is the perfect add on to someone who doesn’t NEED functional steering wheel controls or paddle shift and just wants a badass wheel.

I have more than I’d like to disclose into this, but I’m asking $400 for the package.

View attachment 323263

View attachment 323264

View attachment 323265

View attachment 323266
Is this still available? If so I’ll take it. Shoot me a message when you see this (586)-701-1604
Thanks in advance, Cole.

LsxDartain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok - odd one here. I have a side project I’m going to sell. It’s a brand new 2014 camaro ZL1 steering wheel, alcantera suede with red stitch, paddle shifts, new airbag with pigtails and a modified hub to fit GMT800 and GMT900 truck shafts. I’ve also changed the plug to fit a GMT900/800 clockspring. I tried like hell to get the paddles to work with the 6L80 but was unsuccessful. If you have an aftermarket radio with a maestro module, you can get the steering wheel controls to work correctly. As is, the buttons will not be mapped correctly to factory radios (volume up is seek up, seek up is volume down, etc). Like I said, I’ve modified the hub to fit a truck steering shaft, it should fit all from 99 to 13. Airbag is brand new and has pigtails to crossover to the trucks wiring.

This is NOT a plug and play go for it steering wheel. To get this to work correctly, you’ll have to do a lot of work, which may or may not end up on success. I’ve pulled every schematic and pinout for all the modules and have not gotten the paddles to function. Likewise, you’ll be splicing your airbag connection. I should note that 07-14 it will crossover. 99-06 use a single stage airbag and I don’t believe it’s compatible. There are airbags from a Cruze that will work which are single stage and will fit but expect to pay about $500 for those. All will be fine, but some people are wary of all that. I’ll include pin outs so you can mess with it yourself.

Now, it looks and feels absolutely amazing. Super soft and thicker than the stock wheel. This is the perfect add on to someone who doesn’t NEED functional steering wheel controls or paddle shift and just wants a badass wheel.

I have more than I’d like to disclose into this, but I’m asking $400 for the package.

View attachment 323263

View attachment 323264

View attachment 323265

View attachment 323266
I need something like this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645