Calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looking for opinions on new calipers.

The last one I got from Advanced seems to be dragging a bit after my last inspection. And, since I'm doing the brakes I was thinking about getting new front calipers as well as stainless lines.

I'm looking at https://www.autoanything.com/brakes/power-stop-performance-brake-calipers

and

https://www.autoanything.com/brakes/truxp-high-performance-brake-calipers

Has anyone bought aftermarket calipers and if so which ones did you get and how have they performed?

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope on the calipers, those are just rebuilt like ALL the others, the remans from autozone with a lifetime warranty are only $59 +core, that's like less than half the price of what those cost for the same thing. other than there not painted black

**got mine from autozone they have been just fine, they stand behind there stuff warranty wise if there ever is a problem they will just swap them out 99% of the time no questions asked.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for no particular reason I was looking at some on rockauto the other day they have the red painted powerstop ones for I think around $59 also (or close to it) those are also a remaned caliper

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last one I got from Advanced seems to be dragging a bit after my last inspection. And, since I'm doing the brakes I was thinking about getting new front calipers as well as stainless lines.

I am assuming you have checked the slide pins and have regreased them. Not sure what the remans use for pin grease but I’ve had some where after a year or so the stuff is almost set up like epoxy. After flushing out the old stuff and putting new high temp brake grease in they last a lot longer.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for no particular reason I was looking at some on rockauto the other day they have the red painted powerstop ones for I think around $59 also (or close to it) those are also a remaned caliper

I thought Powerstop were remans, just rebuilt and painted.

I am assuming you have checked the slide pins and have regreased them. Not sure what the remans use for pin grease but I’ve had some where after a year or so the stuff is almost set up like epoxy. After flushing out the old stuff and putting new high temp brake grease in they last a lot longer.

I have not:(
I will take your advise and flush mine out and cleanem up real good and use the high temp grease.

I guess unless I'm going with a big brake kit, no sense in spending the extra dough on basically reman calipers.

Thanks fellas

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Powerstop were remans, just rebuilt and painted.

I have not:(
I will take your advise and flush mine out and cleanem up real good and use the high temp grease.

I guess unless I'm going with a big brake kit, no sense in spending the extra dough on basically reman calipers.

Thanks fellas
they are but so are the ones you linked above for twice the price

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unless your going to a big brake kit all the calipers are going to be remaned, unless you find new oem ones

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are but so are the ones you linked above for twice the price

Sh*t, I just reread your post. Damn I need to go over to RockAuto and check there prices.

unless your going to a big brake kit all the calipers are going to be remaned, unless you find new oem ones

True true, I haven't heard of the truxhp brand before. They looked a little different.
Not planning on going big brakes any time soon. Heck ours are pretty big, 14+ isn't small haha.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
besides new oem one's the rabesto's are the only ones I have seen that are made NEW
1a auto has them for $104 each, not sure of rockauto sells the opti-cal

Raybestos Opti-Cal New Brake Caliper

• Designed to match OE specifications
  • Made with 100 percent newly manufactured materials, offering unparalleled style and performance
  • Zinc plated or aluminum, delivering superior corrosion resistance in the harshest of elements
  • Rigorously tested to ensure a safe, reliable performance after thousands of miles
  • Friction-ready, giving you the freedom to customize the brake pads for each application

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
I'll rebuild mine and flush them out and see how it goes from there.
If they don't improve I'll check out Raybestos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71

Latest posts