C1500 Brake help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fill it up from dry and leave it for 10 mins before you start plunging.

Tilt it forward and plunge and tilt is backward and plunge it too.

Also Bleed any air from the blanking plugs, crack one open a little, plunge the mc and close the plug before you let off the plunge

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Put a MC off of a GMT800 truck and forget about spongy pedals. It only requires one adapter fitting to install it on your GMT400 truck.

I did this along with 1 ton rear wheel cylinders on my 1st gen Esky and it made a big difference.

Those trucks always had a soft spongy pedal.

The biggest issue I had was my rear brakes not staying in adjustment no matter what I did. I changed ALL the hardware inside the shoes several times and they still wouldn't stay adjusted without having to backup and hit the brakes, to self adjust, every couple days.

If I would have kept the truck I was going to convert the rear to disk brakes.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people are not happy with this swap. It seems likely the ones that are needed a new MC anyway.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
A lot of people are not happy with this swap. It seems likely the ones that are needed a new MC anyway.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't be happy... it made a very noticeable improvement on my Esky. I swapped over just for the upgrade, my old MC was fine.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because it's not designed for the 400 and the 800's have a different brake set up.

People say they get a better pedal feel but less brake force.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec