Buzzing Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 03 Tahoe originally had the factory multiple CD changer radio. Yes. You feed one disc at a time into the single slot. It holds 6 CDs when in CD mode you could hit a preset #1-6 and it would play that number CD. Looks like this:

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But back to your issue, if it happens regularly, maybe take the black cover off under the glove box and listen down there. I know one of the actuators is right there in plain view. With the black cover off, you may be able to hear it more clearly if in fact it is the actuator.

Reaction score
That actuator that is just to the right of the trans tunnel is the blend door actuator. I've replaced it in the past on the 2001 and it's rather easy. The mode actuator is higher up and more center.

I'd just unplug the connector going to that blend actuator and see if it will still make the noise. If it doesn't, then that's the problem. If it does, then I'd say it's the radio cd mechanism.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Source is definitely in the dash ahead of the console.

Radio unit is:
UC6 RADIO - AM/FM STEREO, SEEK/SCAN, RDS, MULTIPLE COMPACT DISC, AUTO TONE CONTROL, CLOCK, ETR

I have no idea where the multi-disc changer is. Do they load into the one slot on the head unit or is there a cassette box in the dash?

It has the Bose with touch screen Nav display... I have not seen how more than a single disc could be loaded anyway.

Remove the fuse for the radio for a while?

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 03 Tahoe originally had the factory multiple CD changer radio. Yes. You feed one disc at a time into the single slot. It holds 6 CDs when in CD mode you could hit a preset #1-6 and it would play that number CD. Looks like this:

I have the same setup i both of my 03 Tahoe LT's. My 05 Denali is the same except it has the touchscreen too.

That annoying sound sounds like either a relay chattering or a stripped climate control actuator. Either that or you got the wrong answer on a 70/80's TV game show.

OP
OP
MassHoe04

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try that.
I pulled the radio and the Radio Amp. fuses and it still made that noise. It'll be a little while before I get to it, but it looks more like the HVAC actuator. It sounds a little lower than the radio head unit, so I am hopeful it is the lower actuator. That would be nice if it was...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled the radio and the Radio Amp. fuses and it still made that noise. It'll be a little while before I get to it, but it looks more like the HVAC actuator. It sounds a little lower than the radio head unit, so I am hopeful it is the lower actuator. That would be nice if it was...
you can pull the hvac fuse as well to see if the noise goes away, when you put the fuse back in and turn the key on it will do a self calibration

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Process of elimination!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212