Buzzing Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar enough with the GMT800 to know where the changer is located. I thought it was in the center console, down low. Maybe it's where that cubby is in the video?

I would assume an actuator for the climate control as it does sound like broken motorized plastic. But, he said it does it even with the HVAC off. I supposed if there was something erroneously sending a command (or power) to the actuator to turn a certain direction even if it's maxed out, it could be grinding at or past its limit.

Yeah it's located where the cubby hole is. Typically only found in Yukon Denalis and Escalades. And yes... I think even with the HVAC off, sometimes the doors move anyway. Especially if it's "out of bounds" beyond it's normal stop position, the computer may randomly try to correct it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Behind the center console, below the hvac head unit is the sub for the Bose system, and right below the cup holder is the Bose amp. I wonder if that buzzing us coming from that sub.

OP
OP
MassHoe04

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Source is definitely in the dash ahead of the console.

Radio unit is:
UC6 RADIO - AM/FM STEREO, SEEK/SCAN, RDS, MULTIPLE COMPACT DISC, AUTO TONE CONTROL, CLOCK, ETR

I have no idea where the multi-disc changer is. Do they load into the one slot on the head unit or is there a cassette box in the dash?

It has the Bose with touch screen Nav display... I have not seen how more than a single disc could be loaded anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bet it's the CD player/changer.

Our 2002 mustang has a 6 disc changer built into the head unit and it doesn't work half the time and makes noises just like that.

OP
OP
MassHoe04

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Behind the center console, below the hvac head unit is the sub for the Bose system, and right below the cup holder is the Bose amp. I wonder if that buzzing us coming from that sub.
Doesn't seem to be from sub or anything down low in the console. Sound like from in the dash about the height of the console. Possibly a little right from center, but before the glove box.

History lesson for the younger kids: People used to wear gloves and needed a box in their vehicles to keep them in. Hence the name glove box... If you looked today, I doubt you would find one pair of gloves anywhere!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Source is definitely in the dash ahead of the console.

Radio unit is:
UC6 RADIO - AM/FM STEREO, SEEK/SCAN, RDS, MULTIPLE COMPACT DISC, AUTO TONE CONTROL, CLOCK, ETR

I have no idea where the multi-disc changer is. Do they load into the one slot on the head unit or is there a cassette box in the dash?

It has the Bose with touch screen Nav display... I have not seen how more than a single disc could be loaded anyway.

UC6 is multi disc in the head unit. Could be the disc drive attempting to read a disc, even if there isn't one in the slot.

EDIT: I think multi disc means it can play different types of discs (e.g., CD-R)

OP
OP
MassHoe04

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet it's the CD player/changer.

Our 2002 mustang has a 6 disc changer built into the head unit and it doesn't work half the time and makes noises just like that.
Could be. Not sure.

Sound seems lower and to right of the head unit. Like I said, I don't know where the changer is or if it even has one.

RPO code said multi-disc, but doesn't mention nav. Owners manual for nav mentions single disc using slot above screen, but no mention of owning multiple discs..disc's... Confusing.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could be. Not sure.

Sound seems lower and to right of the head unit. Like I said, I don't know where the changer is or if it even has one.

RPO code said multi-disc, but doesn't mention nav. Owners manual for nav mentions single disc using slot above screen, but no mention of owning multiple discs..disc's... Confusing.

EDIT: I think multi disc means it can play different types of discs (e.g., CD-R), not that it can hand multiple disc with a changer. Now that I think about it, mine was a single disc unit and I replaced the drive when it failed. Not a changer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal