Buying a 2015....??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
Well I have a 2015, and other than slightly noisy suspension bushings when cold, it runs very, very smooth.Mine only has 63xxx miles on it ( I've not been to healthy this year) but it runs fine and I bought it in particular because it was a 2015 and as such didn't have all the new 'Technology' on all the new ones. Personally, I feel like we've gone one step beyond with the technology. This "Stop- Start" function and added to the AFM system and veritable valve management system it's just one too many systems for a road vehicle. Look at the Ford Triton engine and the GM 3.6 V6 engines with the cam phasers and if the oil isn't changed every 4K miles and you develop a miss, every shop I know will just lift the hood and tell you you need a rebuilt engine, their just not worth fixing. "Throw Away Engines " their called. This is unacceptable. Spend 40-50 grand for a vehicle and it develops something like this at 100.000 miles isn't worth it. But these Tahoes do at times have passed 200.000 miles and still running, So !

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you but your 2015 has all of those things other than start-stop and all the technology is basically the same as a 2020 Tahoe/Yukon. And none of those engines are “throw away” engines and if your “shop” only opens the hood and says you need a rebuild, you need to find someplace that knows that they’re doing and FAST. That is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. About the only major issues with the 3.6 were timing chains on the early ones and front cover leaks. Very fixable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GCL24

Latest posts