2015 Yukon "System Too Rich" code, engine issues (P0172, P0175)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CDD50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my Yukon's engine and I was hoping someone could give some advice. Just a warning, I have no vehicle mechanics experience so I can't be too specific.

I have a 2015 Yukon with over 150,000 miles. Starting a few months ago, on rare occasions my engine would start acting up. More recently, I've been able to replicate the problem.

If I am in park and idling with the engine running for about 10 minutes or so, the idling gets rough and I get a check engine light and the traction control light. The traction control light goes out pretty quickly after I start moving, however the check engine light stays on. Once the light comes on and I drive away, when I give it gas from a total stop at a stop sign or red light, the truck will jerk forward from the stop as if I put the pedal down more than I actually did. When this happens and I stop and turn the car off, the best I can describe it is it sounds like half of the engine still runs after I shut it down, then it makes a sound almost like it's starting again, the car shakes (sometimes pretty violently) then it shuts down.

The code is "system too rich" on most readers but on one reader it said something about left and right fuel bank. I unfortunately don't have specific code numbers.

I took my Yukon to my mechanic and he told me that this code can be a multitude of things.

Has anyone experienced this or have an idea what this might be? I love my Yukon and want to get this issue corrected so I can keep it for a while longer.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

markni12301

Reaction score
Good explanation and detail however even though you don't have mechanic experience, take your vehicle to Napa, Advanced Auto, Carquest, O'Reilly, any auto store and get those codes! It's free and the staff will assist you or do it for you. Snap a pic of all the codes. It takes like 5 minutes, if that. Report those codes here. Also Google those codes with car model and year. You will not regret it, and you'll learn something. Sorry I can't help you directly but i hope you get some assistance...and those codes!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

As @markni12301 stated, you need the actual codes in order to effectively troubleshoot your issue. Otherwise, you will be firing the parts cannon, hoping to stumble upon a solution. We are here to help, once you obtain the codes.

OP
OP
C

CDD50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate the help.

The two codes are P0172 and P0175. I looked up both and unfortunately it seems like they can be a multitude of things.

I was in an accident last year -- I got hit in the drivers' side quarter panel near the gas tank. I didn't drive the car for a few months (it took forever to get the parts) but when I started driving again was when this issue started. Could something have been knocked loose from the accident? I did find a post online about one of these codes coming from a pressure sensor in the gas tank.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bet is on a bad high pressure fuel injector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts