bump stop/alc trimset recalibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

humbo

Reaction score
Have read several references to what is called "bump stop and ALC trimset recalibration procedure". It is to be used if the Autoride system is not functioning and/or any component has been replaced. I asked local GMC dealer if they could perform this. Their eyes rolled heavenward. They had never heard of it. The procedure is supposedly clearly spelled out on a scan tool used by GM dealers. Anyone know of a GM TSB that I could refer the tech to? Trying to be nice.

OP
OP
H

humbo

Reaction score
I bought the Yukon about a month ago, drove it about 2 miles in a suburban setting but never on the interstate. On way home from purchase on I 75, noticed it would dip and rebound when going over a slight dip in road. Also, front would dip to left. Took to GMC dealer who said there was no problem. BS. I discovered the left rear shock was leaking fluid. Two GM dealers said they didn't know what a bump stop alc trimset recalibration was--never heard of it. All I know for sure is that it is scary to drive at highway speeds and the left rear shock is leaking. So, I have purchased 4 Bilstein 4600, a kit for resistors and as soon as I can find one, a set of variable rate springs for the rear. Guess there would be no use in doing a recalibration with the left rear shock leaking fluid.

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Yukon about a month ago, drove it about 2 miles in a suburban setting but never on the interstate. On way home from purchase on I 75, noticed it would dip and rebound when going over a slight dip in road. Also, front would dip to left. Took to GMC dealer who said there was no problem. BS. I discovered the left rear shock was leaking fluid. Two GM dealers said they didn't know what a bump stop alc trimset recalibration was--never heard of it. All I know for sure is that it is scary to drive at highway speeds and the left rear shock is leaking. So, I have purchased 4 Bilstein 4600, a kit for resistors and as soon as I can find one, a set of variable rate springs for the rear. Guess there would be no use in doing a recalibration with the left rear shock leaking fluid.

Forget the recal. Won't do a damn thing in your situation IMO. Glad you are replacing them. Are you sure you have autoride? There are options if you want to keep autoride.

OP
OP
H

humbo

Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure about the Autoride. The compressor works as it should, and the rear shocks, at least the air part of them, works as they should. But with the left rear leaking fluid, I'm guessing it might have something to do with the pitch/yaw effect I'm having. Maybe? Options? I'm interested.

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A company called Arnott sells replacement shocks and compressors. I use their rear shocks along with a Dorman compressor.