Broken door handle. I hate theives.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
look for a DEI 629L they are pretty much sold out everywhere but a couple places might have them
it is a bright blue 5 led flasher that you connect to pretty much any alarm, all it needs is a ground and the red wire goes to the alarm brain.
the led is activated when the alarm is armed. then you just place the led in a obvious viewable place, i put mine in the center console on the yukon and near the ignition on my pickup
anyone that looks at the vehicle will know it has a alrm and are likely to just pass it up and move on to easier prey
this is what it looks like in my silverado
I have my blue LEDs in front of my rear view mirror--didn't want any holes in my plastics.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have my blue LEDs in front of my rear view mirror--didn't want any holes in my plastics.
This accessory is just placed where ever you want it, I used doubled sided tape on the silverado, and on the yukon it just fits in the slot between the bottom of the hvac controls and the center console. no drilling needed unless you wanted to make it like custom built in somewhere.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After mine got broken into (Westin Riverwalk Valet left it on the street by a park several blocks from the hotel...they paid for repairs) I got a cheap Depo handle for $8.50 and some jimmy jammers. The Depo handle was flat black - my truck is dark spiral gray metallic, but it blended in ok. Fitment wasn't stellar, but it functioned ok. I put a new lock cylinder in it and sent it.

Since I was getting some stuff paint matched last week, I bought a Delco handle at $50. Just got it back from paint yesterday, so I'll pull the old and swap the cylinder over. I expect fit to be much better and the "open" operation to be like factory. Something just felt off about the Depo one.

No thief damage, but I need to change my driver's door handle. It pulls out about 1/2" before it catches anything and doesn't retract with conviction. I'm wondering if the bracket that holds the spring is broken or something else is going on with it. Trouble is, the truck is red and the handles are color matched. Maybe I'll do like you did and buy a cheap one to swap in so I can see what's going on with the red one. I have a couple of things that need paint as well, so a new handle could be done at the same time.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No thief damage, but I need to change my driver's door handle. It pulls out about 1/2" before it catches anything and doesn't retract with conviction. I'm wondering if the bracket that holds the spring is broken or something else is going on with it. Trouble is, the truck is red and the handles are color matched. Maybe I'll do like you did and buy a cheap one to swap in so I can see what's going on with the red one. I have a couple of things that need paint as well, so a new handle could be done at the same time.
You could spray it yourself with a can of touch up paint.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look for a DEI 629L they are pretty much sold out everywhere but a couple places might have them
it is a bright blue 5 led flasher that you connect to pretty much any alarm, all it needs is a ground and the red wire goes to the alarm brain.
the led is activated when the alarm is armed. then you just place the led in a obvious viewable place, i put mine in the center console on the yukon and near the ignition on my pickup
anyone that looks at the vehicle will know it has a alrm and are likely to just pass it up and move on to easier prey
this is what it looks like in my silverado
Thanks, but the installed alarm has one already. :(

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but the installed alarm has one already. :(
single led? or a multi led? I added this one to mine in addition to the single led which is up in the front window. this makes it very noticeable to anyone that has approached the car and is now looking in the side window. they gotta be pretty brave if they are still breaking in while looking at a cylon in the window
cylon-battlestar-galactica.gif

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could spray it yourself with a can of touch up paint.

Of course I could, but I need to have the Esky appliques done, too, and may have a few other parts. Not sure I trust myself to do finish work like that.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
single led? or a multi led? I added this one to mine in addition to the single led which is up in the front window. this makes it very noticeable to anyone that has approached the car and is now looking in the side window. they gotta be pretty brave if they are still breaking in while looking at a cylon in the window
View attachment 417875
Oh? Nice. I hadn't considered that -- thanks!

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course I could, but I need to have the Esky appliques done, too, and may have a few other parts. Not sure I trust myself to do finish work like that.
I think it comes down to are you going to irretrievably break things if you try it yourself first? Because I bet a lot of what you did would turn out pretty perfect. For me, it's almost always a time thing that prevents me. :(

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it comes down to are you going to irretrievably break things if you try it yourself first? Because I bet a lot of what you did would turn out pretty perfect. For me, it's almost always a time thing that prevents me. :(

I may try it, but I don't want to deal with re-sanding things if it's not good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar