2016 Yukon SLT Rear Inside Door Handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaiserwillie

Reaction score
My rear inside door handle will no longer open the door but the outside handle works. I assume there is a cable that may have broken off or became unattached. How hard is it to get in there and to reattach or replace cable?

OP
OP
K

kaiserwillie

Reaction score
Sure the child lock is off?

@kaiserwillie
Yes it's off. Drivers side rear door works. The door latch was closed and wouldn't allow the door to close. I tried both the inside handle and outside handle to get it to retract and only the outside handle worked. I tried setting the child safety lock feature to on then off but no luck. There is no tension on the handle when pulled like the drivers side.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rear inside door handle will no longer open the door but the outside handle works. I assume there is a cable that may have broken off or became unattached. How hard is it to get in there and to reattach or replace cable?
pull the door panel and look inside there is a cable and plastic connector, it's likely the plastic part broke somewhere.
the cable is easy to remove and replace, but i would look to be sure it not the handle part instead

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be a YouTube on how to pull the door panel. it’s not very difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts