Brighter headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ryangt

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
ok so im fairly confident that ddm is what ill be using, they seem straight forward, decent email response time and the price is ok if they turn out to not be what i need.

One more question.

What are the bulbs i need? They need the bulb numbers i want to replace, i need the High , low and fogs.

im going with 55w high low, and 35 fogs, then ill do the quad light setup and see how we go.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
OK Let me put my 2 cents in IMO I NEVER put pencle beams on the bumper, They go on the roof. If it were me and I were traveling in pitch black like 90% of the outback I would have this set up.

5000k 70W hids in the lows- about 160, you want the 9006 bulb, I just bought these and love them.
4300k 35W hids in the fogs 880 is the bulb for these.(55W will melt the fog lights, headlights should be fine though)
I also have the toshiba HIRs in my high beams on my truck. 9011 in the highs, they are fantastic, I also have the 6 high mod done which lets all 6 run at the same time.

Now the offroad lights This is the exact set up im going for on my new truck. This is a pick up truck so I will be using a roll bar, but they make light bars for yukons that do the job just as well.

On the bumper a pair of these in FOG beam, its low to the ground and will really give you the wide beam. http://www.carparts.com/CUSTOM-ACCE...=95672150&zmas=17&zmac=100&zmap=10618-2020766

then I would get the roof rack and mount 4 of these http://cgi.ebay.com/7-HID-XENON-DRI...ZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1c0edede55 To that bar.

This will be the EXACT set up I will be putting on my new truck. Other than my new truck has bi-xenon and will be 55W instead of 70 since they dont make a 70W bi xenon yet. But thats irrevilant to your truck since you have seperate lights for low and high. Expensive. But the light will be just awesome!

YOu can get this to mount the lights to the roof. http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?N=0...+Light Bar+Carr&csid=cs7653848334b32a8534d20f

these are just 70W hids, no highbeams on no fogs on, Just the HIDS alone. the road is narrow, but you get an idea for the brightness atleast.

IMG_0060-1.jpg

Now to see the difference, look at how much more light there is with the 70W

Here are 55w, just to show how wide 55W is, the 70W are even better.
just lows no fogs or highs.

CIMG0682.jpg

JoeOmerta

Reaction score
What do you guys think of these?

http://www.drivenbystyle.com/0106-g...-led-projector-headlights-chrome-p-77983.html

The price looks decent, but i can't find any reviews anywhere. I'm looking to do the ddm HID kits but i don't want to keep the stock halogen housings due to the high volume of traffic in my area. So projectors is the way to go. Otherwise, are there any projector housings you guys can recommend for around the same price?

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
I have a Tahoe, so alittle different, but I had some Halo projectors before, and they sucked compared to my Depo projectors I have now. I would not do it, but then again, Have never seen the light output from these. I do know, stock Yukon projectors are ok, but again, would probably go Depo or TYC. just my opinion. Heres a pic of my Depo headlightsaustinsphone092.jpgNow, this pic is taken in Phx, AZ, where it's not pitch dark. Wasn't in a alley, or where lights aren't around. So, for the city, and being halogen projectors, not retro job, pretty good output I think.

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so im fairly confident that ddm is what ill be using, they seem straight forward, decent email response time and the price is ok if they turn out to not be what i need.

One more question.

What are the bulbs i need? They need the bulb numbers i want to replace, i need the High , low and fogs.

im going with 55w high low, and 35 fogs, then ill do the quad light setup and see how we go.

Keep us updated on how it comes out I am very interested to see how you like the ddm kits.

mech5700

Reaction score
I put them black outs on my head lights for looks, but totally sucks at night...

So what I did was went to walmart, spend $15 on a set of their "driving lights", mounted them to the support right behind the grill, then wired them directly into the power wire for the left fog light.

They use a regular H1 or H3 (i forget which one) bulb so they are inexpensive to replace and they proved a surprisingly wide beam of light. When I throw em on when I'm on the highway, they light up signs probably 80 degrees out to each side from the center of the truck and the overhead signs like none other...

And plus... Now its like I got somethin original, 6 LO lol...

Attachments

• lights 2.jpg
    lights 2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 14
  • lights11.jpg
    lights11.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
ryangt

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
Keep us updated on how it comes out I am very interested to see how you like the ddm kits.

yeah, will do. I want to look around for maybe another week, but im pretty sure this is the setup i will be going with. The company seems semi solid and said if i am unhappy with the output that they will take them back and refund....sort of a nothing to lose situation.

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, will do. I want to look around for maybe another week, but im pretty sure this is the setup i will be going with. The company seems semi solid and said if i am unhappy with the output that they will take them back and refund....sort of a nothing to lose situation.

That's outstanding I am about to read through the HID thread again and ask some more questions I am thinking 6000K fogs are in my future once I understand them a bit more.

JoeOmerta

Reaction score
Where does everyone mount the ballasts for the fogs/high/lows? should they be kept dry or are the ballasts designed to be weather proof? (weather proof for me is resistant to snow, ice, rain, and salt)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401