Brighter headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
I need some brighter headlights and searching these forums hasent given me the info ive been looking for so maybe yall can help. Im not looking for cheap ***** hid's or halo's or any other gimmicky rice rocket sort of junk for my rig. Im looking for some serious bright driving lights to upgrade from standard. I looked into the HID style but cant seem to find much info that leads me to think its what i need. Im in an 04 yukon and i drive in some pitch black conditions in the aussie outback and i need to be able to spot the kangaroos at night before i plow into them...again...:)

ActSwedish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need som extra lights m8! If you have a bullbar on your truck that´s a perfect place to put em. The bigger, the rounder, the better. Or so I have heard. Hella does some good lights here in Europe, don´t know what brand is leading in Australia.

Something like this:

fordrangernybage_1.jpg

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get HID's! You will not be dissapointed
Check out DDMTuning.com I think they're having a sale right now. They've got quality kits

Tdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that $30 35w kit all you need then?

OP
OP
ryangt

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
You need som extra lights m8! If you have a bullbar on your truck that´s a perfect place to put em. The bigger, the rounder, the better. Or so I have heard. Hella does some good lights here in Europe, don´t know what brand is leading in Australia.

i have a pretty bright set of KC lights mounted on the bullbar already, they are spot beams tho and arent really capable of giving me the broad field of vision im looking for.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Get HID's! You will not be dissapointed
Check out DDMTuning.com I think they're having a sale right now. They've got quality kits

30 bucks for an HID kit? That seems like you arent getting what you pay for. Does anyone have that kit to be able to vouch? How would those stack up against the toshiba 911 912's? Which is what ive been looking at but are much pricier.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

it pays to go with hids the 1st time.

exactly my thought, i hate spending money on the same components multiple times, so i dont go cheap anymore. If i cant have it done right, it dosent get done untill i can. Anyone else have input on this? I dont want to be paying money for a cheapo part, im looking for quality.

Last edited:

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with HID's they go wider and farther. You could also get them in your Hi's instead of the low's if you don't pass people much. But if you get HID's make sure to get a relay some trucks have problems without it and they go out. Two weeks ago I was coming home from a football game and was ddriving done a dark road and spotted a possum far off the car behind me didn't and lets just say they had some possum soup.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have silver star ultras with the quad light mod and if you cant see something with that setup you dont need to be driving got them from advance real easy change only a few minutes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcutter004