Bolt on trailer hitch receiver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! I'm all about upcycling. lol

I've been keeping a lookout for a cheap 2" receiver hitch to cut up for that vise project 'cuz the metal yard will only sell their square tubing by the full joint.

OP
OP
shreksbrother

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you using the antennas for communications? or were they used by the previous agency?
That big one in back is some GPS antenna left on there by the agency.

The one in the front is for my amateur radio rig (it nicely filled the NMO-sized) lightbar hole.

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Look. I was a union welder here in Phoenix az. I built bridges. Before that I was a certified tig welder for Honeywell aerospace. Hey look that bolt on is cool for around the farm, land whatever. NOT for the road. I can make some neat things but when it comes down to someone's life or the price of what ever you are carrying on the trailer just get a factory ssv bumper reinforcement with the hitch built into it. Mine cost $150. My side by side that is pulled behind my tahoe cost 15K. If I had some bolt on hitch and for some reason it failed, there goes my 15k side by side. Maybe the chain will hold and it comes up and hits my tahoe. Now I have to fix everything and figure out a way to get it home. The cost of a original hitch out weights the cost of the endless mess it will create in the future. Sorry to be blunt

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agree in principle, but the OP said this is a one-time deal for him, and I'll bet he was pretty careful with the tow. @iamdub will surely make good use of it for his vise.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree in principle, but the OP said this is a one-time deal for him, andnd I'll bet he was pretty careful with the tow. @iamdub will surely make good use of it for his vise.

Sure will! Currently, I use my Tahoe's hitch as the mount when I need to use that vise. Y'all know I'm ghetto FABulous, though.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That big one in back is some GPS antenna left on there by the agency.

The one in the front is for my amateur radio rig (it nicely filled the NMO-sized) lightbar hole.

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

Good deal.... I've been looking for one forever.. but some of the prices i see making me want to go up to the newer body style.. good that you have a few holes to play with... good luck.
73'N2GIG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907