Front Mount Hitch (2" receiver) for 2021 Yukon Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my previous vehicle I use the front hitch to push my trailer into a tight parking spot along side the house and I have a receiver oriented winch + portable battery so I can winch front or back.

I am hoping to continue this capability by adding a front receiver to my 2021 Yukon Denali (6.2L). Searching, I don't see availability as you do pre 2021 with fit guarantee at etrailer.com for example.

Has anyone had success installing one or customizing one to install?

TMI: Yes, I can back the trailer in if I have to, but it's difficult as it's a curved approach / tight space / involves being partly in the street with traffic so I prefer not to back in, pull forward to re-adjust, repeat, as it usually takes 5+ mins and wheel turning repositioning hurts the grass driveway whereas push is 1 min - less exposure to the street and straight in.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my previous vehicle I use the front hitch to push my trailer into a tight parking spot along side the house and I have a receiver oriented winch + portable battery so I can winch front or back.

I am hoping to continue this capability by adding a front receiver to my 2021 Yukon Denali (6.2L). Searching, I don't see availability as you do pre 2021 with fit guarantee at etrailer.com for example.

Has anyone had success installing one or customizing one to install?

TMI: Yes, I can back the trailer in if I have to, but it's difficult as it's a curved approach / tight space / involves being partly in the street with traffic so I prefer not to back in, pull forward to re-adjust, repeat, as it usually takes 5+ mins and wheel turning repositioning hurts the grass driveway whereas push is 1 min - less exposure to the street and straight in.

Thanks in advance.
We have a blogger in Russia, he put a square under the winch in front of the Escalade. Since structurally they are the same thing, here is the video. I hope it helps)

Chud85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here and saw this post about the front receiver. I have a 23 Tahoe Z71 6.2L and looking to do the same thing to mine. (And yes I too can back my trailers in anywhere but the front receiver would be nice as well). Did anyone ever find anything available or will I have to fabricate my own brackets and receiver?
Thanks in advance

OP
OP
tagexpcom

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a guy lined up to fabricate one in the next few weeks - will report back what happens / how it looks.

Speculation.... continued to research and I see some front hitch options on etrailer.com for 2021+ Sierra's with 6.2 and wonder if the frame is similar or even the same - but not skilled/knowledgeable enough to guess if it's worth trying this.

Funny - I tried typing 'a s s e s' instead of guess and it was *'d out - keyed on a s s ?

Chud85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a guy lined up to fabricate one in the next few weeks - will report back what happens / how it looks.

Speculation.... continued to research and I see some front hitch options on etrailer.com for 2021+ Sierra's with 6.2 and wonder if the frame is similar or even the same - but not skilled/knowledgeable enough to guess if it's worth trying this.

Funny - I tried typing 'a s s e s' instead of guess and it was *'d out - keyed on a s s ?
I did extensive research and found front towing brackets (BLUE OX BX1747) that I could possibly modify but of course the company won't sell me just the brackets and don't want any liability if I modify them. I figured I would have to enlist the help of a local company that can cut the brackets, then I would find a welder to make up the rest of a 2" receiver. If you want a link or a picture of the brackets let me know and I'll share them with you.
Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
tagexpcom

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did extensive research and found front towing brackets (BLUE OX BX1747) that I could possibly modify but of course the company won't sell me just the brackets and don't want any liability if I modify them. I figured I would have to enlist the help of a local company that can cut the brackets, then I would find a welder to make up the rest of a 2" receiver. If you want a link or a picture of the brackets let me know and I'll share them with you.
Thanks for the reply.
Yea I saw the tow hooks. And in fact, my front bumper (the rubber part) has squares that looks like you can cut them out for the tow hooks. But I need a front receiver, not tow hooks, and once I get a receiver it can double as a tow point.

Chud85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea I saw the tow hooks. And in fact, my front bumper (the rubber part) has squares that looks like you can cut them out for the tow hooks. But I need a front receiver, not tow hooks, and once I get a receiver it can double as a tow point.
Sorry I wasn't clear about the tow bar brackets...I would use only the tow bar brackets and bolt them to the sides of the frame then build the square steel receiver off of them. Does that make more sense?

OP
OP
tagexpcom

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't clear about the tow bar brackets...I would use only the tow bar brackets and bolt them to the sides of the frame then build the square steel receiver off of them. Does that make more sense?
Ah - yes. My 'guy' is scheduled to fabricate this front receiver in the next couple of weeks. I'll get pics and post and perhaps that will help in you're planning.

But, along this line, I believe I saw a 'bolt on' front receiver for Sierra 21+ and that's back to the idea of using this Sierra hitch on a GMC Tahoe/Yukon frame... I wonder if it would work.

Chud85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ah - yes. My 'guy' is scheduled to fabricate this front receiver in the next couple of weeks. I'll get pics and post and perhaps that will help in you're planning.

But, along this line, I believe I saw a 'bolt on' front receiver for Sierra 21+ and that's back to the idea of using this Sierra hitch on a GMC Tahoe/Yukon frame... I wonder if it would work.
I guess only time will tell haha. I look forward to seeing how you make out. Good luck !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar