Blue Behemoth Build Thread (01 Yukon XL)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My hoe is at my buddy's shop, so I can't double check on it--been so long I forgot how I routed it. I was hoping the pics would help. Mine also has a drain plug on it. Alot of guys like to check/empty it every oil change. By doing it then it'll give you an idea on what your oil consumption is. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

OP
OP
Rayyy

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually very helpful, I’m realizing that the only thing that confused me was the photos in the instructions, which seems to be from an 03-06 5.3, and the hose layout is just a tad different.

Although it would be nice if someone with a 00-02 5.3 chimed in who installed a catch can, I think I removed the correct hose.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time telling which hose you removed in your pictures. I know on mine, I had to remove the plate that the engine cover mounts to on top, and I can see that you did that in one of your pictures but then its laying right in the way of seeing where the hose is. The hose you're looking for goes from the rear of the driver side valve cover to the intake and it connects under that plate I was talking about. It's hard plastic and you'll probably want to change it to fuel line with clamps. You can see in Tony's first pic where the hose goes to under that plate, and where the other end goes down to the rear of the valve cover.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason the hose you pulled doesn't look right. Did it go to the rear of your calve cover, and does it have a PCV valve in the end that went to the VC that just pulled out of a rubber grommet in the VC?

OP
OP
Rayyy

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Precisely, I thought the same that it didn’t look right, but it does indeed have a PCV valve at the tip, which fits into a grommet on the drivers side valve cover, near the firewall, and into an elbow connection which is somewhat pinned down by that plate.

Fairly certain it is the correct hose. However, another curve ball... When I pulled the PCV valve, it has a part number written on it CV2001C, which “doesn’t fit” a 2001 Yukon XL according to O’Reilly, nor Amazon.

Further, part number AC Delco 19313320 is what shows up on Rock Auto (which does “fit” according to Orielly and Amazon).

I ordered the correct valve.

FED161BA-51D5-409C-AB27-C55C14A5A13F.jpeg 2624B9F6-5C73-4354-97F9-8F361D21E41A.jpeg

OP
OP
Rayyy

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since my PCV hose doesn’t have the built-in connection tips and allows the hose to just be slipped off, I’m thinking I can just replace the entire PCV hose with the hose that came with the catch can.

First photo shows how snug the (old) PCV valve sits in the new hose, and the second one is both hose ends from the other side, which would slip onto the elbow connection below that plate.

Only question, is it okay that the entire hose is just that... a hose. The original “hose” is actually a more rigid plastic.

Is it possible this new hose would be okay pressure-wise?

367C56F5-AF76-4A50-A011-D115A9C7DC50.jpeg 34CD15A0-F85F-4E7F-ADF3-69A2FF1BA2CD.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that’s the right hose you’re tapping into and yes I replaced the rigid plastic one with rubber hose. You’re good to go, and if the hose doesn’t fit tight you can use hose clamps.

OP
OP
Rayyy

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw instructions say to trim to fit, then zip tie together, but I wanted less kinks/angles in the hose, plus slightly longer hose would allow me to easier move it out of the way without needing to remove it if working on something else.

Does hose length matter in this case?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh