Blue Behemoth Build Thread (01 Yukon XL)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rayyy

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm something screwy is definitely going on with my headlights.

Could a faulty headlight switch cause this?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm something screwy is definitely going on with my headlights.

Could a faulty headlight switch cause this?
Yes, or a bad relay. Try swapping the headlight relay with a different one, they’re used in a few places in the fuse box.

OP
OP
Rayyy

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped a couple different relays around, same thing is happening (when I flip the headlights to on, the fogs turn off). The fogs only work in the parking lamp mode.

My highbeam bulbs are missing at the moment, along with my DRL’s, as I’m in the process of swapping in LED bulbs. I initially had hyper flash (two days), then installed an LED EP29 flasher, which fixed the hyper flash.

Could this have burned out my headlight switch in the meantime?

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be because like mark and Tony so graciously corrected me, when highs go on fogs go out so maybe its not completing a circuit with the high bulbs in..

OP
OP
Rayyy

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost... Last bit of lighting up front, I’m trying to get the DRLs to come on with the Parking Lamps.

One of the DRL sockets is melted, so instead of replacing them, I figured I’d just let it be, and tap into the parking lamp wires so the DRLs come on at the same time as the parking lamps (installed switchbacks in all four sockets).

But somehow the DRLs are not lighting up even though they are wired into the parking lamps.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost... Last bit of lighting up front, I’m trying to get the DRLs to come on with the Parking Lamps.

One of the DRL sockets is melted, so instead of replacing them, I figured I’d just let it be, and tap into the parking lamp wires so the DRLs come on at the same time as the parking lamps (installed switchbacks in all four sockets).

But somehow the DRLs are not lighting up even though they are wired into the parking lamps.
Are they installed with the correct polarity since they’re LED?

OP
OP
Rayyy

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The DRLs do flash orange, just don’t light up white. I’ll try to flip them around to see if reversed polarity will change anything.

OP
OP
Rayyy

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, it’s the bulbs. I had two different types in there (to compare which is brighter), I swapped them around, and now the DRLs come on when parking lamp switch is on, but not the parking lamps.

Just need to order another set of the bulbs that work.

Given that they are LED, I should be able to get away with this connection set up, ya? No relay required?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick