BlackBear does GREAT work! OP was salty and quick to jumped the gun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there NOTHING you pay someone else to do? His list is as valid as yours is.

And this post has zero to do wirh BB's worthiness.

joe

i do as much of my own work as i can, theres limits of course for us all.

i started tuning my regal gs 8-9 years ago. read crap till i was pulling hair out and my eyes crossed. talked to a load of forum people and learned most of the why you make this change and understand whats going on when you do. im no pro by any means, but i can get by pretty good. its not for everyone. i own the tuner, and its ready to make upgrades as needed at any time. aka no emails or phone calls as i can scan and read my own data.

my regal just got a upgraded blower tb and maf today. so now ill be fine tuning the new maf in, then leaning it out so its ready for meth to be sprayed again. if it takes me a hr and 4-5 scans id be surprised. thinking 1/2 hr tops.

and if something goes wrong. i know who ****** up personally lol

im not saying anything bad about BB thats for damn sure. im sure they have forgotten more than i know. lol

my brothers got a tune from them and hes been happy as can be. no complaints by him at all over the years.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do as much of my own work as i can, theres limits of course for us all.

i started tuning my regal gs 8-9 years ago. read crap till i was pulling hair out and my eyes crossed. talked to a load of forum people and learned most of the why you make this change and understand whats going on when you do. im no pro by any means, but i can get by pretty good. its not for everyone. i own the tuner, and its ready to make upgrades as needed at any time. aka no emails or phone calls as i can scan and read my own data.

my regal just got a upgraded blower tb and maf today. so now ill be fine tuning the new maf in, then leaning it out so its ready for meth to be sprayed again. if it takes me a hr and 4-5 scans id be surprised. thinking 1/2 hr tops.

and if something goes wrong. i know who ****** up personally lol

im not saying anything bad about BB thats for damn sure. im sure they have forgotten more than i know. lol

my brothers got a tune from them and hes been happy as can be. no complaints by him at all over the years.

I understand, and think the same way about some things. But it looks like you missed my point.

You prefer to do this yourself, The OP prefers not to. Neither of you is superior to the other for these choices. It's just a matter of different interests, different aptitudes, different circumstances.

joe

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand, and think the same way about some things. But it looks like you missed my point.

You prefer to do this yourself, The OP prefers not to. Neither of you is superior to the other for these choices. It's just a matter of different interests, different aptitudes, different circumstances.

joe

no, i addressed that point, when i said, its not for everyone. if you cant understand what the pcm does and why and where you makes changes, you have no business tuning a thing. at that point, you pay someone else. BB has a good name out there for years now, being they have remote tuning available is super cool.

unlike most canned tunes where they hand you a pcm and say good luck. like zzp, intense and w body store. those 3 do canned tunes for 3800 engines, and they all kinda suck, your stuck with what ever they set you up with, thats not for me.

personally i was ok spending hours and hours reading and working to understand wtf i was doing. this related to months of reading, re reading and so on, because i wanted to tune my cars myself. this is nothing you go into half assed. you are making an investment in your self learning how to tune. kind alike going back to school. i hated school, but this was different as there was a end result that was very useful in real life. wink wink lol

now gm is all kinda close to the same but jumping to the LS platform also had a learning curve as theres a metric shit load of more files in the LS Operating System.

Ultimax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no, i addressed that point, when i said, its not for everyone. if you cant understand what the pcm does and why and where you makes changes, you have no business tuning a thing. at that point, you pay someone else. BB has a good name out there for years now, being they have remote tuning available is super cool.

unlike most canned tunes where they hand you a pcm and say good luck. like zzp, intense and w body store. those 3 do canned tunes for 3800 engines, and they all kinda suck, your stuck with what ever they set you up with, thats not for me.

personally i was ok spending hours and hours reading and working to understand wtf i was doing. this related to months of reading, re reading and so on, because i wanted to tune my cars myself. this is nothing you go into half assed. you are making an investment in your self learning how to tune. kind alike going back to school. i hated school, but this was different as there was a end result that was very useful in real life. wink wink lol

now gm is all kinda close to the same but jumping to the LS platform also had a learning curve as theres a metric shit load of more files in the LS Operating System.

In the past I have used Nelson Performance with great success. You might try them if Black Bear is unwilling to help you.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i've went round and round with the IDIOTS at blackbear performance. The pcm they shipped me had a bad fan ground and now the whole pcm is shit out. They're customer service is the absolute worst i've ever dealt with. I really can't say how displeased i am with these fools.

Is there any other reputible tuners for tahoes?
Do you think you could change the title, since it looks as if you found out they are good, after all? They are a sponsor of this forum, after all.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey @Fast LT1 what's up brother? I see you haven't commented further after the day you lost your cool on Feb 6th yet you changed the title of the thread from "BLACKBEAR SUCKS, who is actually good?" to "(Issue Resolved: miscommunication) BLACKBEAR SUCKS, who is actually good?". Why not just change it to "Hey Blackbear doesn't suck after all" and then go back and change your posts too? I mean, you didn't even state what "miscommunication" caused you to start this whole mess in the first place, which leads me to believe it was actually you who was the problem, not them. Fill us in on what the hell the problem was, and how you resolved it. Or post a PM to a mod and ask them to delete this whole damn thread. Happy ending my ass LMAO.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @Fast LT1 what's up brother? I see you haven't commented further after the day you lost your cool on Feb 6th yet you changed the title of the thread from "BLACKBEAR SUCKS, who is actually good?" to "(Issue Resolved: miscommunication) BLACKBEAR SUCKS, who is actually good?". Why not just change it to "Hey Blackbear doesn't suck after all" and then go back and change your posts too? I mean, you didn't even state what "miscommunication" caused you to start this whole mess in the first place, which leads me to believe it was actually you who was the problem, not them. Fill us in on what the hell the problem was, and how you resolved it. Or post a PM to a mod and ask them to delete this whole damn thread. Happy ending my ass LMAO.
Come on, give the poor guy a break. His online E-***** has been reduced to a nub. It probably took years off his life to force himself to change the title to what it is now. He's a broken man, Chuck is. Can you imagine how he feels? I really don't think you can.

Walking down the hallway to his child's room, head hung low in the soft glow of a $3 hallway night light, knowing the agony he's caused Blackbear and its employees. Bending over to kiss his son's head, feeling the shame and regret he brought upon himself and his family name. Getting out of bed each day is now a task only those at Auschwitz knew (too soon?)

I beg of you, send Charles not to his doom, but help him find his salvation. Forgive this fellow man with whom we travel down the road of life with. We must be the manure that sparks new growth within him. He's made an effort...and in doing so has called upon us to do the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo