BlackBear does GREAT work! OP was salty and quick to jumped the gun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I purchased a Black Bear AutoCal. I'm such a glutton for punishment.

I had some problems with getting my transmission file, after repeating the process 3-4 times finally got it done, just heads up if you run in to the same issue.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correction fellas. I edited the title.

I stated “miscommunication” because OP obviously was upset, Justin hadn’t even gotten a chance to respond before OP tried to bash him. So miscommunication was the nicest, most concise word I could use for the title. Not sure what else to rename it
Awesome. Good for you Jacob. Yeah I doubt we’ll see him again for awhile.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some problems with getting my transmission file, after repeating the process 3-4 times finally got it done, just heads up if you run in to the same issue.

Actually after 3rd time I got a "service theft deterrent system” message on the gauge cluster.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm not a computer guy, so I really hope it all goes smoothly. It'll be a while and it's not my DD, so I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Whatcha do, just the same things a few times until it worked?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just follow the instructions on their website and you’ll be fine

I ain't stressin it. That was meant to be a sarcastic remark. I'm actually really looking forward to enlisting the services of Black Bear.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a computer guy, so I really hope it all goes smoothly. It'll be a while and it's not my DD, so I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Whatcha do, just the same things a few times until it worked?

Yes but I never seen this happen to anyone else, make sure you have a windows computer, I didn’t had to go and get one, follow BB instructions very simple, they need 3 files one is when you drive and stock tune file for engine and transmission, due to small capacity of autcal memory you might have to remove previous recorder files, make sure you save your files on your computer

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes but I never seen this happen to anyone else, make sure you have a windows computer, I didn’t had to go and get one, follow BB instructions very simple, they need 3 files one is when you drive and stock tune file for engine and transmission, due to small capacity of autcal memory you might have to remove previous recorder files, make sure you save your files on your computer
And make sure to save your stock files ( or if you are changing from one tune to another, save the previous known good tune files) because rarely a file will get corrupted during the email or copy process or BB could even possibly make a mistake and that way you can flash a tune back in that you know works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts