New to the Govt Tahoes - Bought a 2010 and have a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JGrace920

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, just bought my first Tahoe - 2010 Tahoe with 67k miles. From what I can tell, its a former border patrol truck from Laredo. I've done a bunch of searching for info on here since I'm new to this world, so I think I can say its not a PPV as it has 4wd. Tons of good info on here but I've noticed a few "quirks" after driving it for two weeks. Curious to hear some thoughts if I could trouble yall for some!

• Fan Hi fuse looks like it has melted down and been taken out - scheduled the recall for next week
  • Sounds like air is coming in somewhere on the driver's side pillar, possibly where they took the spotlights out?
  • There is an absolute ton of extra wiring in the engine bay including for a dash solar panel - looks like thats normal from what I've seen on here.
  • The rear seat has an issue staying locked in the up position
  • It's got a kind of "seatbelt" situation to latch the hood to the frame. maybe so it doesn't pop up while driving?
  • Interior is in very good shape I think. Very excited about the rubber floors and no holes in the dash anywhere.
  • "Service Tire Monitor System" comes on periodically, cant tell the rhyme or reason to that yet though.
  • Absolutely no rust since its coming from Texas, which is great since I live in Wisconsin - likely gonna get the underbody coated to prevent future rust.
  • Aux jack is loose, but I think that should be a quick fix.

New Tahoe.jpg Tahoe 4.JPG Tahoe 3.JPG Tahoe 2.JPG Tahoe 1.JPG

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Nice Joe, Looks like somebody put PPV wheels on it cuz they are black, not silver.

Did you blackout the front bowtie, they are supposed to be gold, If you didn't, it probably did not come straight from the Govt agency Also I don't think Chicago motors removes the spotlights. Just my 2 cents

Welcome to TYF

OP
OP
JGrace920

JGrace920

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice Joe, Looks like somebody put PPV wheels on it cuz they are black, not silver.

Did you blackout the front bowtie, they are supposed to be gold, If you didn't, it probably did not come straight from the Govt agency Also I don't think Chicago motors removes the spotlights. Just my 2 cents

Welcome to TYF

I haven't had time to do anything to it yet, as you see it in the pictures is how it came. I believe the sales rep told me they took them out, but thats not to say they didnt. Everything on my list of things to do are pretty minor so far, so I'm defintiely happy about that.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Benefits of an SSV (special service vehicle) much of the good stuff from ppv’s but with 4wd and less holes everywhere

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hey guys, just bought my first Tahoe - 2010 Tahoe with 67k miles. From what I can tell, its a former border patrol truck from Laredo. I've done a bunch of searching for info on here since I'm new to this world, so I think I can say its not a PPV as it has 4wd. Tons of good info on here but I've noticed a few "quirks" after driving it for two weeks. Curious to hear some thoughts if I could trouble yall for some!

• Fan Hi fuse looks like it has melted down and been taken out - scheduled the recall for next week
  • Sounds like air is coming in somewhere on the driver's side pillar, possibly where they took the spotlights out?
  • There is an absolute ton of extra wiring in the engine bay including for a dash solar panel - looks like thats normal from what I've seen on here.
  • The rear seat has an issue staying locked in the up position
  • It's got a kind of "seatbelt" situation to latch the hood to the frame. maybe so it doesn't pop up while driving?
  • Interior is in very good shape I think. Very excited about the rubber floors and no holes in the dash anywhere.
  • "Service Tire Monitor System" comes on periodically, cant tell the rhyme or reason to that yet though.
  • Absolutely no rust since its coming from Texas, which is great since I live in Wisconsin - likely gonna get the underbody coated to prevent future rust.
  • Aux jack is loose, but I think that should be a quick fix.

View attachment 199973 View attachment 199974 View attachment 199975 View attachment 199976 View attachment 199977

That truck from Chicago motors, eh?

OP
OP
JGrace920

JGrace920

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That truck from Chicago motors, eh?

Yup, picked it up two weeks ago. Kind of have mixed feelings on them, but I couldn't just bring myself to keep dumping money into my old truck. I don't think they do even half what they claim to their vehicles, but they came way, way down on their price.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yup, picked it up two weeks ago. Kind of have mixed feelings on them, but I couldn't just bring myself to keep dumping money into my old truck. I don't think they do even half what they claim to their vehicles, but they came way, way down on their price.

Yeah ,they're ok. Them, welcome, and Asia, are all pretty much the same. They all get good trucks in the grand scheme.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I don't even see a spot light hole in the door...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2