Best polyurethane bushings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm rebuilding a 2001 Z71 Tahoe with 230,000 miles. Truck body is in great shape, however, as you could imagine all the serviceable bits need replaced. As well as *ahem* crappy GM interior is beat to crap.

My bushings squeak something fierce. I've tinkered a bit with silicon grease and seems to work for a short while but squeaking comes back. I have to also get the truck aligned and I want to replace this stuff before I do so. I am curious what brand bushings are best. I think I'd like to go with Polyurethane especially on certain pieces which effect turn in etc. Like on the control arms. I'm fine with rubber on shocks and other places.

Any suggestions?

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Rockauto.com. They have a wide selection of bushings, I personally have been happy with the energy suspension bushings I bought from them. Not sure if you plan on replacing all of them or if you were just going to do some specific ones to start with. They are a sponsor, and usually the cheapest that I can find even before this code that they posted for a discount..

5% Discount Code: E15C23A33A3B90
Expires: February 12, 2019

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...r-parts-more-expires-february-12-2019.107994/

We have several forum sponsors who advertise primarily suspension if that's not what you are looking for, but that's where I would start.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, probably I just use those bushings. It's not that complex of a part, the reference is greatly appreciated. Many thanks :)

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Rockauto.com. They have a wide selection of bushings, I personally have been happy with the energy suspension bushings I bought from them. Not sure if you plan on replacing all of them or if you were just going to do some specific ones to start with. They are a sponsor, and usually the cheapest that I can find even before this code that they posted for a discount..

Curious did you get a lot of squeaking from them? My guess is the squeaking people mention comes from them not properly greasing the bushings upon install? I may install the poly up front and the rubber in back, as these trucks handle like crap and I think poly up front will help with handling but rear maybe a bit less so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr