Best Place To Jack Up Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22YukonDenali22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm going to be changing both front motor mounts soon on my 2008 GMC Yukon Denali, 6.2, RWD. What's the best/least damage-potential area for using a floor jack with wooden 2x4's to slowly lift the engine?

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not gonna lie. I did my Sierra a few years ago and lifted it with a 2x4 across the oil pan. Probably not recommend. But it worked and no future problems... I don’t know if there’s any good jack points from the bottom of the engine. You might need an engine lift

OP
OP

22YukonDenali22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not gonna lie. I did my Sierra a few years ago and lifted it with a 2x4 across the oil pan. Probably not recommend. But it worked and no future problems... I don’t know if there’s any good jack points from the bottom of the engine. You might need an engine lift

Thanks Tonyv. Did you loosen the transmission mount at all? Not sure if that would be useful...

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly yes. And I had to remove the steering shaft in the engine bay. It’s tight as shit trying to get the mount in there. I only did my driver side though. Should of did both but it was a work truck and I didn’t keep it long.

OP
OP

22YukonDenali22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are actually spots cast into both sides of the engine block that protrude out specifically for this.

View attachment 268969[/QUOTE]

Dang, I have power steering cooler lines blocking that tab, and the passenger side looks like almost no access to the tags without removing a bunch of stuff...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n