Been Lurking - but looking for some advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoPaul

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really sounds to me like you have really gotten bad advice. The OPS failed by giving low readings? Not likely or probable. The oil pickup oring replacement would have fixed your low oil pressure I think. Both cats blown out? Not likely or unless you had long standing misfire problems....but that would also have coded. Computer software doesn't read voltages differently based on updates. .3 volt is .3 volt, right? O2 sensors don't fire. The one pre cat reads the exhaust gas Oxygen content for mixture control feedback to the ECU. The after cat O2 sensor reads the exhaust gas after it has been catalyzed, e.g., cleaned up. So it tells the ECU if the cat is working. Your code says that sensor 2 bank 1 is not working properly. Since your ECU isn't coding for a misfire, or over rich condition , (that would affect bank 2 as well...which seems fine), probably a wiring issue. Here are likely causes:
  • Faulty HO2S Bank 2 Sensor 1
  • HO2SShorted or open Bank 2 Sensor 1 harness
  • Poor electrical connection in HO2S Bank 2 Sensor 1 circuit
  • Faulty PCM (rare)
Best of luck. Get a better shop!
How to Check
First off, technicians start their diagnosis by checking the wiring for the harness and making sure there are no damaged wires. Next, they check the connections to make sure there are no loose or pulled connections.

From here they can replace the sensor, as damaged or faulty sensor is one of the most common causes for this problem.

They will also check the air/fuel sensors.

How to Fix
  • Repair or replace corroded or damaged wires
  • Repair or replace shorted or open electrical connections
  • Repair or replace loose connections
  • Replace Air/Fuel sensor or HO2S
  • Replace or reprogram PCM
In some cases, faulty PCM could be causing this error code, though this is quite rare. But if you have addressed other causes and the Check Engine light is still on, then there’s a possibility that the problem lies from the PCM. If such is the case, you need to take your vehicle to a certified technician to have your PCM removed, replaced, and updated. A Damaged or defective PCM can cause increase in fuel consumption, stalling or jerking with manual transmission, or shifting problems for automatic transmission.

asc-logo-white-100x52.png
Get a Estimate
MyCar
Listings Dashboard
About Us
Copyright Auto Service Costs © 2020. All Rights Reserved

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@kchamber Did the check engine light come after replacing the oil sending unit? You said that you had to remove the intake to replace the sending unit, I am wondering if the intake was reinstalled wrong causing an intake leak which might be causing you to throw that code, just a thought.

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vote is to find some new mechanics or buy a Honda

OP
OP
kchamber

kchamber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE: Have put 700 miles on the rig and no check engine - seems to be running nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM