Bazooka BOSE sub replacement, center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwinters14

Reaction score
I'm finally gutting my bose sound system in my truck. I have a 10" sub that I was going to build a custom box in the 00-02 location on my truck, but I was looking around and I found this guy right here.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_204BT6DVC/Bazooka-BT6024DVC.html

I did some measuring with the cup holders out and it seems there's plenty of room for it, but I can't seem to find any videos or pictures of the center console gutted. What is inside of it and how much of it is necessary? I'm going to remove the stock sub box as well as the stock amp and as much of the other black plastic on the inside as I can. I ideally want to fit the 8" bazooka, as it looks like it'd just fit with the console completely gutted. There's just no information, and I'd like to know before I start taking it all apart to reduce the downtime of the truck.

Before anyone suggests, any other location is a no-go in my truck. No trunk, no under seats and not on the back of the seats. I need all the cargo room in my truck, so these are my two options.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
I'm finally gutting my bose sound system in my truck. I have a 10" sub that I was going to build a custom box in the 00-02 location on my truck, but I was looking around and I found this guy right here.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_204BT6DVC/Bazooka-BT6024DVC.html

I did some measuring with the cup holders out and it seems there's plenty of room for it, but I can't seem to find any videos or pictures of the center console gutted. What is inside of it and how much of it is necessary? I'm going to remove the stock sub box as well as the stock amp and as much of the other black plastic on the inside as I can. I ideally want to fit the 8" bazooka, as it looks like it'd just fit with the console completely gutted. There's just no information, and I'd like to know before I start taking it all apart to reduce the downtime of the truck.

Before anyone suggests, any other location is a no-go in my truck. No trunk, no under seats and not on the back of the seats. I need all the cargo room in my truck, so these are my two options.
Honestly, console is easy enough to take apart that you should just pull your own measurements

Grab your cup holders, pull straight up

Flip down the rear cup holders, unscrew, then pull the trim straight back

open the lid, undo the screws, then pull the tray straight up

OP
OP
D

dwinters14

Reaction score
Honestly, console is easy enough to take apart that you should just pull your own measurements

Grab your cup holders, pull straight up

Flip down the rear cup holders, unscrew, then pull the trim straight back

open the lid, undo the screws, then pull the tray straight up
Yeah I was thinking the rearward portion has more room than the front/cupholder part.

mister2driver

Reaction score
Nice tube!! I have an 8" behind my driver seat. I added 3 more feet of wire. So when I have anyone that needs to sit behind the driver seat, I can relocate the tube to the back area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14