Battery dying/unlocking doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skmcclain31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I was preparing for a trip and realized my battery was dead. My 2016 Denali had been parked only a few days. I got a new battery and everything was all good. The next morning leaving for my trip I realized that my house keys were missing....ultimately realizing my car was "broke into" and the compartment in the center console was stolen. So here is my question....did my battery dying cause my doors to be unlocked? I lock my vehicles every single night regardless if I drive them or not. So I know it was locked...which leads me to believe the battery dying, unlocked my doors, which then allowed some hoodlums to steal from me. Anyone else encounter this?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Historically, no. You would have to check your owner's manual to see if there was such a change. I would not think so, the battery may not even have the juice to unlock them.

They likely cloned your remotes signal to get inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts