Back from the dead 2007 Tahoe 2wd LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good!! I dont know what youre using to dress the interior but i got turned onto this 303 Aerospace interior/exterior.....holy crap!!! its all im ever going to use now. Has a UV inhibitor in it and the finish dries to a DEEP matte black, no grease or residue left over. It made my interior plastics looks 100% brand new. Even worked awesome on the stuff outside.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Thanks for the pics AND the part numbers. I needed a couple of those!

OP
OP
Leevon

Leevon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good!! I dont know what youre using to dress the interior but i got turned onto this 303 Aerospace interior/exterior.....holy crap!!! its all im ever going to use now. Has a UV inhibitor in it and the finish dries to a DEEP matte black, no grease or residue left over. It made my interior plastics looks 100% brand new. Even worked awesome on the stuff outside.

Thanks! And dang you just reminded me I have some of that 303 and it's great lol. For cleaning plastics I used Mother's all purpose cleaner with a horsehair brush and detail brushes. For upholstery I usd Chemical Guys Foaming Citrus Fabric cleaner and a drill brush. I used Chemical Guys Natural Shine for dressing.

thumbnail_IMG_5369.jpg

OP
OP
Leevon

Leevon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried out the upholstery staple gun on the seat back pockets. Both were falling off and loose but not torn or anything. I removed all the staples, tightened the elastic (it's just tied on the back if anyone has this problem), re-stapled the edges and cleaned. 5/32 staples. Happy with the outcome.

thumbnail_IMG_5368 (1).jpg thumbnail_IMG_5370.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow!! What a transformation in this ride!! That’s pretty awesome! Those carpets came out pretty clean! Crazy to think how bad some people let their interiors get..... lol. Nice work for having it such a short time! That’s a hell of a nice ride for a 16 year old’s first car!! Hopefully he appreciates everything you’ve done to it!!

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! And dang you just reminded me I have some of that 303 and it's great lol. For cleaning plastics I used Mother's all purpose cleaner with a horsehair brush and detail brushes. For upholstery I usd Chemical Guys Foaming Citrus Fabric cleaner and a drill brush. I used Chemical Guys Natural Shine for dressing.

Love the Chemical Guys stuff, its all I use for washes and stuff these days. I need to get a couple of brushes for misc cleaning, but yeah, 303 is the bomb!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man nice work so far. You have one lucky son to have a dad who can resurrect a truck like you’re doing. Hopefully he’s watching and helping so he learns how to do this himself. You have a ton of knowledge to pass on.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man nice work so far. You have one lucky son to have a dad who can resurrect a truck like you’re doing. Hopefully he’s watching and helping so he learns how to do this himself. You have a ton of knowledge to pass on.
I agree. Them having some sweat equity invested in the deal not only teaches them some skills, but helps them appreciate what they have more and are less likely to tear the stuff up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts