Back again in a 2016 LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you remove all of the chrome trim pieces? Does it seem like it will be easy to get them back on as well? I wrapped mine but did it while it was on the truck. I’d love to remove them and redo it but was weary as to how well they come off as well as how well they went back on.

OP
OP
fiatdale

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Its not difficult, just time consuming. Chances are you’ll break the pillar appliqués mounting brackets removing them (black trim in between the doors). They are extremely fragile. In the body shop when insurance won’t pay for them we typically do 3M tape and it holds stronger than before. Belt moldings are super easy. Front door is a small T15 in the back, lift it up and it’s off. Rear door has two T15 front of door and rear. Lift up and remove. Quarter panel appliqué is tricky. It has four clips on the backside that are tough to remove without breaking. Pry the panel outward and with a light you’ll be able to see them. Try and stick a small tweaker screwdriver in there to release. It’ll take a minute or two. For the upper moldings, there are some philips screws under the weather strip that need to be removed. Then you need to remove the door appliqués. This is where you’ll probably break something. Pull them straight back (and forward for the front piece on the rear door) and give them kind of a slap to get the clips undone. Chances are you’ll break a couple clips, it always happens. Really no big deal just 3M tape them back on. Now that they’re off - you’ll see the rivets for the upper chrome molding you’ll need to break. Once those are off, pull the chrome trim downward away from the class channel and it will come off. For the front door, same procedure except you need to remove the mirror. There’s also a rivet behind there.

It’s not for the faint of heart, but it’s easily doable. Just takes a little time and effort.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome back to you and the wife. Looks really nice and can't wait to see the finished product.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the break down on the trim removal. Sounds like it would definitely be the better half of a day or more project including doing the wrap of the trim pieces.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure to leave me the lug nut key when I come get your bumper

:thumbsup:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator