Austinite's 07 Escalade Blacked Out on 35s Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not bad looking. Perf hand grips kind of add an element too. :D
Yeah I thought it would go a little better with my future plans of blacking out the wood grain too. I was kinda worried about how I was going to black out the wood grain on the steering wheel.

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to doing the dual battery setup that I've been meaning to do forever. I replaced the one that was in the stock location with an Interstate battery and moved the old one to the aux location. I had to relocate the aux fuse block, circuit breaker, and relays that I had previously installed in that spot which took the job from about 1 hour to 3. Yay.

Parts Used:
I only went with the GM cable because I got it for an awesome deal. And even though the Fastronix military spec battery terminals are awesome quality and look good, I will probably go with a smaller one down the road. I only used the negative anyway since I didn't want to cut the brand new OEM terminal off.

I went with the factory parallel setup that is found on ppvs. The new GM positive cable was run under the front of the engine by the oil pan and has a couple of push retainers that go in factory positions and then to the starter. The 1/0 gauge negative cable routes to the open bolt hole in the head behind the alternator.

I know you're supposed to use two brand new identical batteries, but the old one was tested fine, and I've read that it really doesn't make that much of a difference. So I rolled with it. So far so good!

2007_escalade_dual_battery_setup_2.jpg
2007_escalade_dual_battery_setup_1.jpg
2007_escalade_dual_battery_setup_3.jpg

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting to swap out the original instrument cluster to one from a Platinum Edition for a while now, so I finally found a decent deal on one from eBay. It was from a 2014 Platinum Edition with 127K miles. Only thing is, mine has 190K and I didn't feel like explaining to a GM mechanic why I wanted to upgrade clusters or wait for all that. And I thought maybe I could use my VXDIAG VCX Nano ( Generic GM Tech 2 Tool) to program the miles to it, but apparently you can only do that if it's a brand new cluster and you can only do it once. So I took a chance on this OBDSTAR X100 PRO Programmer that was supposed to be able to adjust odometers. Well I'll couldn't believe it, but it worked!

Anyway...the swap was easy and not only does it look a little better, but it's nice to have all the updated DIC info like oil pressure, voltage, instant mpg, and outside temp. The only thing that's not working is the compass. Which isn't a big deal, but would be nice to have if only to take the dashes off the screen.

Does anyone know what would happen if I updated the 2013 cluster with the 2007 calibration on the ACDelco TIS2WEB?

2007-Escalade-Original-cluster.jpg
2007-Escalade-Platinum-cluster.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have been wanting to swap out the original instrument cluster to one from a Platinum Edition for a while now, so I finally found a decent deal on one from eBay. It was from a 2014 Platinum Edition with 127K miles. Only thing is, mine has 190K and I didn't feel like explaining to a GM mechanic why I wanted to upgrade clusters or wait for all that. And I thought maybe I could use my VXDIAG VCX Nano ( Generic GM Tech 2 Tool) to program the miles to it, but apparently you can only do that if it's a brand new cluster and you can only do it once. So I took a chance on this OBDSTAR X100 PRO Programmer that was supposed to be able to adjust odometers. Well I'll couldn't believe it, but it worked!

Anyway...the swap was easy and not only does it look a little better, but it's nice to have all the updated DIC info like oil pressure, voltage, instant mpg, and outside temp. The only thing that's not working is the compass. Which isn't a big deal, but would be nice to have if only to take the dashes off the screen.

Does anyone know what would happen if I updated the 2013 cluster with the 2007 calibration on the ACDelco TIS2WEB?

160 speedo--Nice.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do you have a part number on that cluster? I have an Esky cluster in my 08 Silverado and wouldn’t mind a 160 mph speedo just because.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is yours a 120?
Yes. If I would have known the platinums were 169 I would have bought one instead. I probably won’t go to the trouble of swapping it out since I have to send it off to program mileage. I’m not interested in spending $200 on a scan tool since I have a Tech 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick