As close as I can get to OEM front shocks??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been said, but I don't remember.....

2005 Yukon XL 4WD with ZW7. I am planning to upgrade both sway bars. But before, I am sure my FRONT SHOCKS are worn. What is the best replacement front shocks?? ( Are OEM AC Delco shocks discontinued for a 2005 ?? Or where to find GM shocks )

If so, what do I choose? ( I don't want 'cheap' )

Searching is confusing.....

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Billstein is better quality than stock. You might need to change the springs as well depending on mileage. For springs moogs are good

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not planning to replace springs
theyre like 60$ a pair if you're doing it diy. I usually just take the whole coilover out and shops usually charge 20$ to switch out the shock and spring if you bring them the coilover assembly. Rear springs and shocks are stupid easy to in the driveway.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unless it's been converted somehow, an '05 will have torsion bars, not coilovers, in front.

Go on the KYB site and enter your vehicle info: https://www.kyb.com/catalog/. Stay away from the Excel-Gs if they're offered. I'm happy with the Gas-A-Just shocks I put on my '04 (mine has the Premium Smooth Ride suspension).

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To add: here's a lookup you can do yourself for parts for your truck. Just be sure to read the details on the part to verify the RPO code fitment. While these shocks are discontinued, you may be able to use the part number from other sellers to find them if you're bent on OE only.

Capture.JPG

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been said, but I don't remember.....

2005 Yukon XL 4WD with ZW7. I am planning to upgrade both sway bars. But before, I am sure my FRONT SHOCKS are worn. What is the best replacement front shocks?? ( Are OEM AC Delco shocks discontinued for a 2005 ?? Or where to find GM shocks )

If so, what do I choose? ( I don't want 'cheap' )

Searching is confusing.....
bilstein 4600's you can get them at your local auto parts store rockauto, amazon
BILSTEIN 24065009

{Alternate Inventory Numbers: 24-065009, F4BE56500H0}
standard height, no need to do anything with the springs
leave the rear nivomatt's alone, there is nothing worthy to replace them with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz