Are my shocks bad??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you tell if your shocks are going out?

Vehicle:
2008 Yukon with ZW7 suspension package
80xxx miles

Its hard for me to tell because im used to driving my Sierra with Z60 package and its a hell of a lot stiffer than my wifes Yukon. The only reason im questioning the shocks is I recently drove the Yuk to work and when I was going over a series of large speed bumps, when the rear would bounce coming off the speed bump I would hear a squeak. Speed going over was 0-5 mph.

Anyone know a good site to Order the NIVOMAT shocks that wont cost me both my arms and one leg right before Christmas?

Thanks in advance.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy way to tell is to bounce one corner at a time if it bounces more the twice time to change shocks.

OP
OP
Rangel

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last weekend I replaced the front strut assemblies and the rear springs. havent done the shocks yet because I havent had time. anyways the new struts up front raised the front up to be level with the rear. so I had to adjust the headlights down some. the rear springs didnt change anything. the truck sits about 37" all around now. I didnt take measurements before hand though.:emotions122: the truck feels to me like its sitting down in the rear, but looks level. I see other NNBS trucks that sit racked to the front.the springs I bought were exactly the same length as the ones I replaced. did I buy the wrong springs? how can I get what I presume is the stock racked stance back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM