Front shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bigtrite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That certainly should be looked into and corrected as necessary.

To inspect the front differential mounts, you'll need to get all 4 wheels off the ground and with the motor running, put the transmission in drive and then reverse, with an observer watchin the front differential from underneath. If the mounts are bad, the observer will see the front differential move, as well as hear the clunk.

I’ll have to check those mounts. Rock auto sells a front end rebuilt kit that comes with inner and outer tie rods, pitman arm, idler arm, idler arm mount and some bushings so I have that on that way. That should take care of all the play

OP
OP
B

Bigtrite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
today I replaced the pitman arm, idler arm, idler arm mount, inner tie rods, outer tie rods, stabilizer end links, checked wheel bearings and everything else in the front end. Inspected the front diff bushings. I can’t find any issues but I’m still getting a clunking noise under acceleration and bumps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10