Anyone with a Tech 2 in Houston?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shahking1120

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im in a big pinch, I ordered a new window switch for my 2011 Tahoe after my drivers side window stopped working.
Drivers is working now I need reprogramming done for the others and all of the dealerships are booked until next week, driving out of town for the holidays Wednesday morning.

does anyone work for a shop/dealer that could help me out or have one at home? Anywhere in the greater Houston area is fine.

I can pay you in cash, or whatever brew you like!

Please and thank you!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, im in a big pinch, I ordered a new window switch for my 2011 Tahoe after my drivers side window stopped working.
Drivers is working now I need reprogramming done for the others and all of the dealerships are booked until next week, driving out of town for the holidays Wednesday morning.

does anyone work for a shop/dealer that could help me out or have one at home? Anywhere in the greater Houston area is fine.

I can pay you in cash, or whatever brew you like!

Please and thank you!

Please educate me on this. What needs to be reprogrammed when you replace window switches? I was under the impression that window switches were simply plug and play. Is this not the case?

OP
OP
S

shahking1120

Reaction score
Please educate me on this. What needs to be reprogrammed when you replace window switches? I was under the impression that window switches were simply plug and play. Is this not the case?

If it’s the drivers window switch, I believe it’s some sort of “unlock” done through the computer and bcm.
Don’t quote me on it, but my drivers window stopped working abruptly and the others worked.

Got a new switch assembly and then the drivers worked and nothing else didn’t..did some googling and found many people say they needed to get “reprogramming” done

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The driver and passenger modules need programming when replaced. Have Scotty Kilmer, do it, he lives in Houston!
Who knows you may end up on his next video, "he should have bought a toyota" hahaha.

Saying Houston is as big as some states, what side of town are you on?

OP
OP
S

shahking1120

Reaction score
Who knows you may end up on his next video, "he should have bought a toyota" hahaha.

Saying Houston is as big as some states, what side of town are you on?

Haha!! probably, that dude is trash. I found his address but his number isnt working. Oh well.

Im on the northwest side, copperfield/cypress. But im usually driving around all over the area for work. Currently near the memorial city area.

Im willing to drive up to an hour each way if anyone can help!

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha!! probably, that dude is trash. I found his address but his number isnt working. Oh well.

Im on the northwest side, copperfield/cypress. But im usually driving around all over the area for work. Currently near the memorial city area.

Im willing to drive up to an hour each way if anyone can help!
I'm in spring, haven't bought a tech 2 but its on the list of things to buy.. I know a decent shop off spring cypress pretty much between us, Bobs Auto Express, he may be able to work you in for something so small...

We need to do a Forum get together one of these days....

OP
OP
S

shahking1120

Reaction score
I'm in spring, haven't bought a tech 2 but its on the list of things to buy.. I know a decent shop off spring cypress pretty much between us, Bobs Auto Express, he may be able to work you in for something so small...

We need to do a Forum get together one of these days....

I will contact them, thank you!

Yes we do! Even though in the last year or so my tahoe has been on the back burner, I feel like it would be nice to get to know some guys or gals that are into the same cars!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9