Anyone with a Tech 2 in Houston?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you're able to get it done before setting sail. Learned about that from reading these forum pages. If a guy can pull one out of the junkyard, with the same options, it does not need programming. The new ones come knowing nothing and need to know how you're vehicle is optioned. There's a number of things that run through them.

OP
OP
S

shahking1120

Reaction score
Hope you're able to get it done before setting sail. Learned about that from reading these forum pages. If a guy can pull one out of the junkyard, with the same options, it does not need programming. The new ones come knowing nothing and need to know how you're vehicle is optioned. There's a number of things that run through them.

Thank you!
All shops I called including the dealer want more than the brand new oe switch costs to program...

THANK YOU! I just found one from an ltz on offerup! I have an LT, but it looks the exact same, it should work right?

Ill see if the guy replies and if I can test it before I pay for it, then I can just return the new one!

Thanks so much man.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just to be clear, we are talking about the switch cluster that is on the door handle correct?
D4C635C2-AFF2-4DF5-87C6-97ECC4BF27CB.png

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you!
All shops I called including the dealer want more than the brand new oe switch costs to program...

THANK YOU! I just found one from an ltz on offerup! I have an LT, but it looks the exact same, it should work right?

Ill see if the guy replies and if I can test it before I pay for it, then I can just return the new one!

Thanks so much man.

Should, you'll want to know if you both have the same options, or that the LTZ has more than you (set off code?). I've only read about this, not actually been through it.

OP
OP
S

shahking1120

Reaction score
Should, you'll want to know if you both have the same options, or that the LTZ has more than you (set off code?). I've only read about this, not actually been through it.

Okay so I just met the guy from offerup, the switch came from a LTZ tahoe, has the same buttons as my LT, everything worked! I only paid 40 bucks.

Thanks again, you really saved me!

Now I can return the 130 dollar switch to amazon and ive saved over 200 dollars total!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so I just met the guy from offerup, the switch came from a LTZ tahoe, has the same buttons as my LT, everything worked! I only paid 40 bucks.

Thanks again, you really saved me!

Now I can return the 130 dollar switch to amazon and ive saved over 200 dollars total!

My pleasure; Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels Shrey!