anyone ever do an even drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
I think i might be the only one in the world who thinks so, but i want my truck to remain raked, just a little lower though. So i was thinking like a 1-1 or 2-2 drop... just curious... i suppose i can mix and match the parts i need except im not sure if i have ever seen a 2" rear drop

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
I think i might be the only one in the world who thinks so, but i want my truck to remain raked, just a little lower though. So i was thinking like a 1-1 or 2-2 drop... just curious... i suppose i can mix and match the parts i need except im not sure if i have ever seen a 2" rear drop

There are 2" rear drop springs out there. Why do you want to keep the raked look?

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is a 5/5. I love the rake...
yukon%20spindles%20006.jpg

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doesn't a 2/3 still have like a 1/2" rake. i like perfectly level.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
There are 2" rear drop springs out there. Why do you want to keep the raked look?

I think raked looks mean... a throw back to the old muscle days i guess i dont know, i just like the raked look. leveling out these trucks changes the whole dynamic!

My truck is a 5/5. I love the rake...
yukon%20spindles%20006.jpg

I agree, although 5" is far more then i want to go with my drop. i want just a small drop so that it looks "less then stock" ya know. i think 2" all around would be perfect. If you guys can tell from my sig pic, my tahoe is raked MORE then normal, the front end is already about an inch lower then stock... just love the raked look

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 6/7 drop left it a little raked. Given the choice I'd level it out, but I don't mind the raked look. I came outta that oldskool tradition and still like it, but ONLY if you have wider tires in back than in the front. Not necessarily pizza cutters in front and meats out back, but it needs some offset for it to look right *to me* :)

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
hate the plow look IMO go level, get the front to lift to match the back of anything since its a Z71

I have pretty much waved Bye-Bye to the Z71-ness of my truck a long time ago when i put the 12" street rubber all the way around, and then again when i tuned it for going fast and pretty much eliminated the tow-haul option for more power... before its over, there will be little to tell it was ever a Z71. I purchased the Z71 more for the painted trim and interior options (everything but Nav) then i did for its off road ability, i dont do much of that anyways.

My 6/7 drop left it a little raked. Given the choice I'd level it out, but I don't mind the raked look. I came outta that oldskool tradition and still like it, but ONLY if you have wider tires in back than in the front. Not necessarily pizza cutters in front and meats out back, but it needs some offset for it to look right *to me* :)

Yea, thats where i am coming from, and i definetly dont expect anyone to be on my page because NO ONE ever is... i dont know why i like the rake but i do, makes it look mean if you ask me, i wouldnt mind putting some 315's in the back and some 285's or maybe 295's up front... i would have to find someone to let me "try em on" first before i made that commitment though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayden with 2011 y