Any scan tool options, not a Tech2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you connect yours? Do you use windows 7? I have been reading sketchy things about these Chinese clones, so I am not so sure about that.
What sketchy things have you heard? There’s plenty of us here who own and use them. And I haven’t heard of anything sketchy going on.

OP
OP
PNWYukon

PNWYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What sketchy things have you heard? There’s plenty of us here who own and use them. And I haven’t heard of anything sketchy going on.

That they are cheaply made and can quit working suddenly and can't be repaired. Also, that they don't work all the time for whtever reason.

Which model do you have? Cost? Reliability?

I have issues with the HVAC actuators and it's either get a scan tool or go to the mechanic for a full reaming.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been using mine over a year, on many different vehicles, definately paid for itself. OTOH, I know people that could break a steel ball in a rubber room.
Many thanks to whomever I swiped that from here!

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only difference is a MFR sticker (vetronix)and price if I remember correctly. Sometimes they include the sticker in the clone box and they get delayed by customs. There are a few comments on this in the many tech2 threads.
And the snapon guy is full of all kinds of it whenever he thinks he's getting $50 a month on top of $1500+ for a used scanner.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That they are cheaply made and can quit working suddenly and can't be repaired. Also, that they don't work all the time for whtever reason.

Which model do you have? Cost? Reliability?

I have issues with the HVAC actuators and it's either get a scan tool or go to the mechanic for a full reaming.
Mines a Vertronix like most of them, got it off EBay for about $300. I found mine in the US so I didn’t have to wait for China shipping but chinacardiags has been used by quite a few here and got them in a week or two.
https://www.chinacardiags.com/whole...el-suzuki-isuzu-holden-with-full-package.html

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if programs run on Mac? I can run boot camp and install windows if necessary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645