Any scan tool options, not a Tech2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNWYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommended scan tools that can talk to our HVAC actuators, that is not a Tech2? Having rough time with the air recirculation actuator among others.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run mine on a linux laptop, using Wine. Was plug n play except I needed a driver file which was easy too. Threw winders out many years ago and never regretted it. That laptop started as a win10 wally world cheapo. $288 Lenovo 330 ifn I remember right. Wiped it and installed MX-19. I have several(5) auto diagnostics on that laptop and no interfereance between them. Way happy about how it worked.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tonyv-You have to look at the sellers documentation for years covered. But I'm pretty sure it will do it on Canbus not tech 2 win. I usually plug it in first to see what it recognizes on each vehicle, sometimes its a switch to different program. Way faster than my friends $1500 snapon.
And Chinacar diags sends a win CD and has a download site/ After 2008 I think some GMs began needing the GM subscription to program by VIN. About $80.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justin Case