any pics of police suspension on 24's ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice pic natter! Would be perfect with a 2" rear drop :waytogo: I hope to the same at some point on oem 20" LTZ rims....

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only on stock wheels...

Hey KM ...

Is that a 2 inch drop in the rear and stock front?
It looks level in the pic, is it level in person?
As you know I'm trying to be sure what to do before I install the 2-3/4 drop kit so I appreciate the help.

Cheers and thanks.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey KM ...

Is that a 2 inch drop in the rear and stock front?
It looks level in the pic, is it level in person?
As you know I'm trying to be sure what to do before I install the 2-3/4 drop kit so I appreciate the help.

Cheers and thanks.

Hey Soul --

Yes, that's stock front, and 3"-4" springs in the rear with shortened autoride links. Yep, it's level in person. I DO have a front coil relocator kit on the way with which I plan on lowering the front only 1". With it down an inch in the front, I can shorten the links in the rear just a bit more, and ride on less air in the shocks. Less air means a better ride.

When I first installed the rear springs, I installed the supplied shorter links, and they were too short for the front being stock. In other words, with NO air in the rear shocks, the rear springs drop the rear lower than the stock front height, no doubt about it. I had to adjust the links to allow air into the rear shocks to level the ride. I think it's just about perfect, level-wise.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Natter -- Good looking truck! The wheels look great on there. Nice job.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a link / description?

i think a 1-3 would fit my wants.

You'll get a good idea from this:

http://www.timssuspensiononline.com/COMINGSOON.html

Looks like you remove the factory spring support and replace it with a new support (the item in question) that allows the spring to sit lower on the strut. You can add [supplied] spacers that sit on that support so that the spring is resting on the spacers (higher).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar