24 Denali cameras/Super cruise not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is not a Sierra forum but I figured some of the same parts and or issues are included on the new Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade, I know I would get more views and help here. I bought a 24 Sierra Denali on October 20th this year, later that night none of the cameras would work ( back up, or 360 ). I had my brother check it out as he has a truck identical to it and never had an issue with his truck. He got them working again for a few days and then they quit working. I made an appointment with the GMC dealer who had to remove the rear seat in the parking lot to find out which module was bad under the seat. They said nobody has a module in stock in the US and GM does not show an ETA. After leaving the dealership all cameras came on and worked, however coming home the SC quit working on me and it kept showing the red forward collision warning every 30-60 seconds like I was about to hit something when I wasn't even close to a vehicle.

My question is has anybody here been waiting on this exact module or something similar and for how long? I have been in contact with Fiatdale here on the forum who has helped me greatly, he has confirmed along with GM headquarters that there are no modules available. If they can get one in within a week or 2 and it fixes the problem that's great however I'm worried that this will turn into a long waiting game with excuse after excuse. I also have a case opened with GM headquarters but that's about as useless as it gets, been down this road before and nothing got fixed on a new escalade.

My truck currently has 800 miles on it has anybody ever had a similar issue and the dealership bought back the vehicle? I would love to get it fixed but don't want to get hung out for months and months and not be able to use the features on the truck that I bought. Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DW

Last edited:

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Service parts are going to be hard to come by for awhile. With the ~6 week strike not only was GM shutdown, but so were most of their suppliers. Parts will be prioritized to production and you could wait months for a new module (if that’s the problem).

Given how new the rig is, you should talk to the dealer about a buy-back/replacement. You got an out of the box dud and the dealer shouldn’t make too big of a fuss about replacing it - if they are a good dealer.

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Service parts are going to be hard to come by for awhile. With the ~6 week strike not only was GM shutdown, but so were most of their suppliers. Parts will be prioritized to production and you could wait months for a new module (if that’s the problem).

Given how new the rig is, you should talk to the dealer about a buy-back/replacement. You got an out of the box dud and the dealer shouldn’t make too big of a fuss about replacing it - if they are a good dealer.
In all odds if the dealership did offer a buy back I’m sure they would want to give a trade in offer vs what I paid. I understand it’s not their problem with a bad module but they did sell the vehicle to me. Has anybody here had a dealership buy back your vehicle and give what you paid for a similar situation of what I’m going through?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts