Any one make a cargo/bed slide for their vehicle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see these all over Pinterest for pickups but I am trying to figure a way to make one for the back of our YXL. I figure it could be secured to the latches where the 3rd row click in.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I’ve seen members here make really nice solid ones, but for the life of me can’t remember who. Perhaps they’ll chime in.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one i recall is part of truckvault.com
so its pricey

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
A tray is nothing more or less than a shallow drawer. If you’re looking for a commercial option MORryde supplies them. I have one in my RV that’s 3’ x8’. They build any size you want.

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the camper platform I made for our suburban:

flr9kZh.jpg

It's secured to the front latch points (latch bars removed) of the 3rd row seats with a M12-1.5 bolt (possibly a -1.75, I forget the exact thread pitch).

fOSRHYv.jpg

To make a cargo slide, the easiest way is probably to just get a sheet of 3/4 ply and cut it in half so you have 2 4'x4' pieces- one for the base and one for the slide. A 4' platform will give about 1" of clearance on either side. Then buy some drawer slides and the appropriate mounting hardware.

If you don't want to remove the latches you could potentially secure it with hose clamps around the latch bars, u-bolts, or even some ratchet straps. The M12 bolts I showed above is probably the easiest option, since once you remove the latch bars and line your holes up, you don't have to fiddle around with a blind install.

As for mounting the drawer slides to the base sheet, I would use a combination of 3/4" machine screws and T-nuts, provided you have enough clearance within the slides for the screw heads. You could also just screw in a bunch of 3/4" wood screws, which would probably be fine, but is not ideal from a structural perspective.

Goebz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a used one out of a Ford Transit and installed in my HOE... Taking photos this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu