Any interest in 4wd front coilovers to replace tbars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just think its funny when guys lift their truck to fit 33's and im like yea im slammed down on 33's LoL

Guy at work argued with me when I made a comment about having more ground clearance than him (same rig)... my bumper might be closer, but my diff is def higher =]

OP
OP
Atomic

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock shocks have 4.5" of total travel for what its worth, that means only 2.25" up or down travel. Like mentioned, movement at the wheel is a lot more than the shock distance.

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock shocks have 4.5" of total travel for what its worth, that means only 2.25" up or down travel. Like mentioned, movement at the wheel is a lot more than the shock distance.

ive been thinking about this all day, and im pretty sure im gonna take the plunge once the weather warms up a bit. i went and measured tonight and my hub to fender measurement is 17 3/8, and ground to fender is 32 3/4 pass side and 33 1/8 drivers... but my rear is defintely a good 1/2-3/4 higher, so im thinking of just gathering up all the stuff i need to totally redo everything and get this bish level and smooth

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive been thinking about this all day, and im pretty sure im gonna take the plunge once the weather warms up a bit. i went and measured tonight and my hub to fender measurement is 17 3/8, and ground to fender is 32 3/4 pass side and 33 1/8 drivers... but my rear is defintely a good 1/2-3/4 higher, so im thinking of just gathering up all the stuff i need to totally redo everything and get this bish level and smooth

You got the chevy lean. lol. You can adjust the keys and level the front even.

and DO IT... Just get all the stuff inline and make one order. Trust me, it will help.

(might have some inspiration for you all tomorrow)

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Center to fender I'm at 16 1/4ish best level ground I could find. I'm on my stock 17 inch rims and rubbers. Someone just do the mod lol! Wish I had the cake id just do it! Billy

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put together a quick list last night of what I think would fit and what I need to make it work...

Qa1 coilover shocks, hyperco springs, atomic brackets, new lca's, bumpstops up front
ridetech adjustable shocks, tony's 6" springs in the rear

Roughly $1700 total... I have no problem spending the money, but I DO NOT want to do it twice, which would actually be a third time bc this is already the second go round. The ride right now doesnt bother me bc ive always had lifted trucks, but I know my wife hates it, and if I spend $1700 and it still bounces around I would never hear the end of it

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coil overs installed

COIL OVERS INSTALLED -

Review coming soon. Just installed.

I'll leave you with one word ---

WOW - Vast improvement over torsion bar setup. Even on the firmest setting on the shocks, still better ride and control.

ok, more than one word. lol

(ecstatic)

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly which shocks did you use?
coil springs?
how low are you?

We need pics, details, pics, reviews... oh and PICS

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly which shocks did you use?
coil springs?
how low are you?

We need pics, details, pics, reviews... oh and PICS

ha ha ha...

In time grasshopper, in time i will answer all questions.

For a quick response:

For pics, honestly none really of the install, its quite simple, bolt on mostly. With the exception of cutting off the corner of the bumpstop bracket and the little section of frame right there (as are in atomics pics) If you look at atomics pics, mine look identical.

But one thing to note, i did not drill holes for the bolts for the upper brackets. I saw no way to do it (to bolt them on the backside) as the motor mount is right there on the drivers side. So i just welded them. I think they are only about 3/8 thickness anyway. Not a big deal to me.

Pics, parts used (which is exactly as Atomic listed all of them will be used if you use the procomp adapter, as no bushings for stud mount have held up at this time) details, reviews, etc.. hopefully tomorrow.

And height, i am at the same exact height as before i started the install. 32 ground to fender or 16.5 center wheel to fender bottom. Not a difference at all. But the only negative is i can only go up not any lower till someone finds a bushing that works for the stud mount. But at this present time, I have absolutely no complaints.

VWDRAGBUG777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey atomic I'm interested in ur coil over brackets pm me please I have a 03 escalade awd on 33s curious if I can use these want to get rid of the problematic air ride crap.. Thanks