Another what should I do thread.... Caddy vs. GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RThomasII

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under the sheet metal, the two are pretty much the same. It’s going to come down to what is going to float your boat when it comes the amenities on the inside and if the sheet metal on the outside is what you want to be seen in. The fact that you just purchased a very nice vehicle 4 months ago and are now enraptured with an Escalade leads me to believe it is an image decision not a functionality decision and no one here can help you make that type of decision.

I'm sure "image" plays a part but its also the tech. Is the Selectable Magnetic Ride Control worth it? Does it really do anything to the ride? Are the seats better/more comfortable? Is the HUD better or does it have more features? You know... Responses on crap like that was what I was really hoping to get from people with 1st hand experience with both vehicles. I try to learn what I can from other people and their experiences. I guess that's what I get for asking such a generic question. LOL!

Thanks anyway guys.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="RThomasII, post: 1384736, member: 50043"

And while paying for it doesn't concern me, I still don't want to walk away from a transaction that's a bad deal.[/QUOTE]

You know what’s a bad deal? Buying a new vehicle and then selling it/ trading it in 4 months later. All that depreciation, and then to go buy another new vehicle and the depreciation you suffer driving that one off the lot. That’s crazy imo but it’s your money and I don’t think you really want our input. Because, who in their right mind would suggest that? :crazy:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RThomasII , I have ridden in several denalis. And then my best friends parents’ 2015 premium esv. I think the selectble mode mag ride option on the caddy is pretty cool. Makes a big difference in how the rig handles, especially where we drive windy mountains roads everyday. The sport mode on it offers a lot of stability for that. I don’t see a major difference in the seats other than I like the look of the caddy seats more than the seats in the Denali. The current seats in the tahoe/Yukon, even in the Denali package just bland and unexciting to me, however the caddy seats have a little design look. I think comfortability wise though they’re about the same. Unless you’re looking at a caddy with massage seats then that’s a total game changer... lol. But I think that’s only available on a platinum edition.... but I could be wrong on that so don’t quote me. Lol. I’m not crazy about the caddy’s que system(infotainment) it’s kinda slow and cumbersome. Though I don’t what the current models are like, if they’ve been updated or not. I would say I like the denalis infotainment setup better. I like both the caddy and the Denali headlight setups. Both look cool. I still haven’t come to terms with really liking the caddy tail lights.... lol.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may take a bit of a beating on the initial market value hit on the Yukon, which will be only partially offset by the good deal on the Esky. I know you said that money is not a big deal, but it also appears that you don't want to turn down a deal. it just won't necessarily be the deal you hoped for at the end of the day. I'd keep the Yukon for two years, then trade it on a 2022 Esky and purchase something with significant differences.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same dilemma, drove them both several times and spent a lot of time thinking. I went with the Escalade and am glad I did.

I actually considered and almost bought the Suburban too, so I love these trucks, each of the GM triplets, and would have been happy with either of the 3. But in the end, Escalade won for me and here is why:

- they are more rare
- the more premium look inside and out
- way more leather and actual real wood inside. My door has leather and what looks like hand stitching all over it, so does the dash, steering wheel, and center console.
- seats are nicer, softer, more comfortable, and the leather feels thicker.
- massage seats (I have the Platinum)
- mini cooler/fridge (again a Platinum option I believe)
-lighted door handles (Platinum)
- Configurable MRC and therefore better ride. (This one is huge for me) Someone above said they drove exactly the same. They don’t, unless you put the Esky in “sport” mode, then they will. I actually leave it in normal/comfort mode and all those Bumps get smoothed out and the ride is awesome.
360 Birds Eye camera system. This is also huge for me. With this I can back this beast into the tiny spaces I need to in Washington DC. It’s awesome for parking this rig exactly between parking lines.
-all digital dash. It’s executed so well with the different colors and looks really cool, the cruise markers, last high speed, etc all visually make the vehicle look special and high end
- factory warranty is longer. This is also nice and has real monetary value
-Cadillac service- it’s a little nicer and more respectful to customers. Yes there are exceptions, but in general
- rear view mirror can flip to a video display using a dedicated wide angle rear camera. I use this all the time too, when the DVD screens are flipped down and in use, and also when I have the inside of the truck so loaded with cargo that I can’t see out the back with the rear view mirror.
- There are extra safety features as well, I don’t remember all the details so don’t quote me but I think only the Escalade has full speed emergency auto stop for both front and rear. Rear auto stop came in handy one day when I parked between a wall and a truck, started backing out and next thing I know my vehicle beeped and came to a sudden stop. About 2 seconds later a car came flying by perpendicular to my vehicle. My sensors must have picked it up 20-30 feet away.

As I said I am happy I got the Escalade, but I would have been totally satisfied with the Denali and/or Suburban (with 6.2) as well. But now I’m just used to all the extra items listed above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may take a bit of a beating on the initial market value hit on the Yukon, which will be only partially offset by the good deal on the Esky. I know you said that money is not a big deal, but it also appears that you don't want to turn down a deal. it just won't necessarily be the deal you hoped for at the end of the day. I'd keep the Yukon for two years, then trade it on a 2022 Esky and purchase something with significant differences.

That’s another good option. But you probably won’t get as good a deal on the next version. Part of the reason you can get the current one at such a great deal is this is the last model year. But if you don’t mind that, then this is probably the best time to buy because you’ll have decent selection still.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stareted with Chevy Suburban's, had (6) of them from 1989-2002, I then switched to Escalade's, had (12) in a row 2003-2014, LOVED my Escalade's, out of the 12 only one every went into the dealership for warranty work, they were SO MUCH better then my Range Rovers that were always at the dealership, but then it all changed. Was at my Chevy dealer picking up another car, whilem sitting there I asked my salesman what my 2012 platinum Escalade was worth on a trade, a 2019 platinum Escalade was 100k, less discount it was 90k, I asked what a loaded 6.2 Tahoe would cost me, told me 70k, so I took the 20k difference and gave it to Callaway and ordered a 6.2 Tahoe, and COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. Now understand the Escalade interior is WAY NICER than the Tahoe with the platinum package, BUT it's not 20k nicer, and my biggest problem was I HATE THE NEW ESCALADE TAILLIGHTS, I hate them more than the 20k, wanted to get a Denali but have no contacts and the dealership I went to would gave NO DISCOUNT, and own a bunch a corvette's so the Chevy was just fine. :)

OP
OP
RThomasII

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same dilemma, drove them both several times and spent a lot of time thinking. I went with the Escalade and am glad I did.

I actually considered and almost bought the Suburban too, so I love these trucks, each of the GM triplets, and would have been happy with either of the 3. But in the end, Escalade won for me and here is why:

- they are more rare
- way more leather and actual real wood inside. My door has leather and what looks like hand stitching all over it, so does the dash, steering wheel, and center console.
- Configurable MRC and therefore better ride. (This one is huge for me) Someone above said they drove exactly the same. They don’t, unless you put the Esky in “sport” mode, then they will. I actually leave it in normal/comfort mode and all those Bumps get smoothed out and the ride is awesome.
360 Birds Eye camera system. This is also huge for me. With this I can back this beast into the tiny spaces I need to in Washington DC. It’s awesome for parking this rig exactly between parking lines.
-all digital dash. It’s executed so well with the different colors and looks really cool, the cruise markers, last high speed, etc all visually make the vehicle look special and high end
-Cadillac service- it’s a little nicer and more respectful to customers. Yes there are exceptions, but in general

As I said I am happy I got the Escalade, but I would have been totally satisfied with the Denali and/or Suburban (with 6.2) as well. But now I’m just used to all the extra items listed above.

Exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thanks!! Totally agree on your Washington, DC comment. I was born and raised there. Traffic and parking have always sucked!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

- they are more rare

The backlit door handles are a premium or maybe a luxury package option as well. The 2015 esv that belongs to my best friends parents have lit door handles. Maybe theirs is a luxury package and not just a premium. But it has then and I know it’s not a platinum edition package.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the prices are in your area but I found Premium and Platinum's for 20k off msrp. Curious to know what deals you came across.

BTW keep your Denali till the new body style arrives around this time next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE