Ready to buy this week, but i need your help **escalade **

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vmarcial27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Been a member for years now. I need your help I'm in the market to buy a new family suv. I'm unsure what year to get. I know I want a escalade but I'm not sure what year we should buy. Any big difference in between 2017 and 2020? We definitely dont want the 21+ for now. What are the differences in between luxury vs premium luxury? Please help me out. We want to stay around 55k max. What are the year?/ miles limit to buy a gm warranty? I notice everyone saying make sure it's under 48k miles but the dealer told 60k miles. Please help

I was even thinking about a denali please help me out here thanks in advance. I'm from NJ maybe someone wants to sell me theirs lol

Last edited:

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018-2020 is the only one to buy because of the 10 speed which is awesome. The 2015-2016 had issues with the 8 speed and also boom vibrations. I chose the luxury with has everything except the ACC cruise control which I didn’t need. I also did not want the electronic steps because they fail in the snow states. Get one that is still under warranty so you could add the GMPP extended warranty to 100k. You could also pay monthly on the extended warranty. The 2017-2020 has the improved front and rear control arms made from steel instead of aluminum. The Escalade is a great truck and probably the 2020 will be the last time GM makes their flagship suvs with solid axle rear differential instead of independent rear suspension. I bought my 2018 in Texas with 48k last year and now I have 90k and the truck looks new underneath with no rust. If the front seat bottoms and center armrest look worn you could replace it for a few hundred, not to worry. I would also look to get it in a lighter color so you could ceramic coat or wax it every 3 months. It’s important to do this with this truck. If you have any questions please ask me. The 2015-2017 had ac condenser issues & stiff suspension. The front struts usually fail around 50-70k so check to see if they are leaking also check the back. I would only change suspension parts using OEM. The battery also may need to be changed if 4 years old. I chose the Platinum AGM DuraLast from AutoZone so if it goes I could to any AutoZone in the county to replace. The transmission fluid should be changed at 45-50k. All Escalades from 2010 and up could have lifter failure so the extended warranty is important the odds is 2 out of 10 to fail. GM updated the VLOM. I would purchase the Escalade and replace the VLOM immediately or before your warranty ends. Lifter 2 & 4 are the ones known to collapse. You could just replace the lifters and VLOM as a cheap insurance. Only use Dexo 1 gen 2 or 3 oil from GM, Pennzoil or Mobile 1 with a OEM oil filter. Better to buy one with lower miles than a platinum with high miles. The luxury is well equipped with all the safety features like the premium or platinum. I personally don’t like the electric steps myself because they are expensive to repair & need to be repaired often. I absolutely love my 2018. I have the 2003 ESV 2003-2009 than the 2008 from 2009-2022 than this one. I think the 2018 drives better than the 2021+ which feels like your driving a expedition and not as sleek, aerodynamic or quick at the 2018. Also the 2018-2020 has the same EcoTec 3 and 10 speed like the current model and feels like your driving a car not a rig.

10E13260-656B-4439-88C8-0515F1EACC55.jpeg

Last edited:

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Spy... the 18s are the ones to get if you have the ability to do such. I can say early 15s had the 6 speed still, and thats a decent piece but the MRC updates on the 18 is where its at.