Another what should I do thread.... Caddy vs. GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just sitting here on a conference call at work listening to folks drone on about a proposed new contact center phone system so hopped online to check out the 2019/2020 new Escalade prices in my area. Looks like there are some pretty good deals out there right now for the Premium Luxury spec'd Escalades. The problem is I just purchased a 2019 Yukon Denali in June. So the question is.... What should I do? Keep the Denali or try and make a deal and move over to the Cadillac?

OP
OP
RThomasII

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do what you want, its your money and you have to pay for it.

I was hoping folks who have actually owned and/or driven both versions of the above mentioned SUV's would chime in with their personal experiences. Paying for it is not something that I'm concerned about.

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Denali and the wife has a Cadillac. Get them both. Lol.

I would get the Escalade. They are not as common as the Jimmy is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do what you want, its your money and you have to pay for it.

...Paying for it is not something that I'm concerned about.

Had me fooled as well with:

"...hopped online to check out the 2019/2020 new Escalade prices in my area." "Looks like there are some pretty good deals...". "...I just purchased a 2019 Yukon Denali in June." "...Keep the Denali or try and make a deal...?"

So, other than the price and trying to make a good deal, what exactly are your concerns? Go drive one/some and see if it's something you want to not be concerned about paying for.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Under the sheet metal, the two are pretty much the same. It’s going to come down to what is going to float your boat when it comes the amenities on the inside and if the sheet metal on the outside is what you want to be seen in. The fact that you just purchased a very nice vehicle 4 months ago and are now enraptured with an Escalade leads me to believe it is an image decision not a functionality decision and no one here can help you make that type of decision.

OP
OP
RThomasII

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had me fooled as well with:

So, other than the price and trying to make a good deal, what exactly are your concerns? Go drive one/some and see if it's something you want to not be concerned about paying for.

My primary concern is if the Caddy is a big enough jump from the Denali to justify making the move in the 1st place. When I went from the Tahoe to the Denali I was concerned that I would have buyers remorse but the 6.2 and 10 speed made the difference. I know personal preference plays a large part but I was legit curious what others who may have made the switch thought and why. I've got my eye on a Premium Luxury Sport Escalade that I plan to check out this weekend if its still on the lot. Once I test drive I'm sure it will be an easy choice to make.

And while paying for it doesn't concern me, I still don't want to walk away from a transaction that's a bad deal.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Denali and the Escalade are going to drive identical, steer identical, stop identical, accelerate identical. the only difference is the skin and a couple bells and whistles. I like the headlights of the Escalade, but little else inspires me to purchase one if they were designed a little differently maybe, Like Wade said under the covers it's the same truck, you can swap most of the parts between the two, It's just a matter of personal preference if you like the caddy dash and front clip over the Denali then go for it. The Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, Yukon xl, Escalade, Escalade esv are all based on the same short wheel base or long wheel base platform. I have read that GM has decided to let Cadillac create there own idea's for the 2021's rather than working with the GMC and Chevy teams so they could surprise us with something different for a change.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My primary concern is if the Caddy is a big enough jump from the Denali to justify making the move in the 1st place. When I when from the Tahoe to the Denali I was concerned that I would have buyers remorse but the 6.2 and 10 speed made the difference. I know personal preference plays a large part but I was legit curious what others who may have made the switch thought and why. I've got my eye on a Premium Luxury Sport Escalade that I plan to check out this weekend if its still on the lot. Once I test drive I'm sure it will be an easy choice to make.

And while paying for it doesn't concern me, I still don't want to walk away from a transaction that's a bad deal.

So it's an amenities/options concern- that makes a lot more sense. Cadillac is GM's flagship product, so it's gonna have their premium offerings. With the wild variances in the K2xx's engines, suspensions, and tunings, everyone's input is subjective. You may drive the Escalade and feel like you're still in your Denali, other than the looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71