another warranty issue with the wife's '21

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hrocks

Reaction score
so you just came on here to complain?
Not nice dude. This forum is a community to communicate and exchange experiences, and advice on solutions and handling problems, both in and out of warranty. When one spends $70-$90k on a vehicle, you’re entitled to expect a high quality product and service experience. The quality of these trucks have been a major disappointment. The OP does not warrant any curt and rude comments.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not nice dude. This forum is a community to communicate and exchange experiences, and advice on solutions and handling problems, both in and out of warranty. When one spends $70-$90k on a vehicle, you’re entitled to expect a high quality product and service experience. The quality of these trucks have been a major disappointment. The OP does not warrant any curt and rude comments.
yep, could also share what the issue ended up being and how it is fixed, under warranty or not.
these 21's will be out of warranty in short order....
I could come and complain all day but that wouldn't be much help

OP
OP
S

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, could also share what the issue ended up being and how it is fixed, under warranty or not.
these 21's will be out of warranty in short order....
I could come and complain all day but that wouldn't be much help
not following the above

appt is on the 24th per the original post; all warranty; I'll reply with the outcome just like I have with all the other posts

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with your post Steiny93, the fanboys can’t accept that there are are legitimate quality issues with the 21+ and will defend them to no end.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with your post Steiny93, the fanboys can’t accept that there are are legitimate quality issues with the 21+ and will defend them to no end.
I personally will probably never buy a gm beyond a 2020 BECAUSE there are numerous issue's, mainly software related and they have or will be throwing in the towel on that software development and are moving onto to another new platform.
On top of that most 3rd party vendors, tuners, etc are LOCKED out of the system, this forces you to seek repairs at GM only or pay hefty fee's for anywhere else
they are shooting themselves in the foot
ya luckily you can still do some basic repairs but if you need something programmed or a deeper diagnostic, want to fix it yourself? good luck!
But to just complain about it is tiresome.....

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the 21+ trucks. They are more reliable then the old stuff by miles. I only get offended when someone who has no personal experience clutches the old stuff like gold and hates on the new.

I think this post is fine. Hopefully he gets the resolution he wants. When demand for vehicles skyrocketed there were less loaners made available by dealers since they would rather sell them.

During my time as a tech we had over 100 loaners we would give to people. Hence less complaining. Hence the rose colored glasses a lot of the people with the older generations have of them.

Another point is that back in the 'good old days' we could get parts quickly. I could do a transmission in 4 hours on a 4wd and 3 hours on a rwd and about 5 hours on fwd. That's start to finish. Now we have supply chain issues. You take it out. Realize the part you need is 2 or 3 weeks or more out and now it's GMs fault.

So relax. Enjoy your horse and carriage and let the rest enjoy theirs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
appt is on the 24th per the original post; all warranty; I'll reply with the outcome just like I have with all the other posts
update on the appointment

- Washer pump dead, no parts available, no eta for when they 'might' be available; dealer stated they are waiting for a pile of them and haven't seen any for quite sometime.
- HVAC noise was the 02 cable rattling in the engine bay
- No update on the GM case (cold center console) from 2021; still open waiting on GM. [On the plus side, I'm now aware of 2 2023's with the same behavior]
- Needs an alignment. It was aligned when they put the BF AT KO's on the truck at time of delivery, now 30k later it needs another alignment.

So it will be going back to the dealer when the pump arrives and for an alignment and when the gm case gets a resolution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali