Another tire post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stever40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, I've been searching the forum regarding the Bridgestones and vibration/balance issues and didn't see a post similar to what I have found with my Denali. I thought I would post what I came across if it helps others.

First I have 22's on the truck.

So, I have had the vehicle now for a year and have 8K miles on it. Every now and then I felt a little vibration. I wrote it off due to the vehicle sitting for longer periods of time. Well, I have been traveling on business for the last 3 months came home and took it out. When I took it out I was towing my boat. Everything was fine until I drove it without towing. The thing started vibrating. Took it into the dealer and they found 2 tires (rear) out of balance. After balancing and getting the truck back, I took it out. All was well. Next morning I took it out and the vibration was back. Back to the dealer I went. The dealer then road forced balanced the tires after finding the rear tires out of balance again. Got it back, all was well again. My family went out for dinner that night and there it was again. Forgot to say the vibration started at 67mph.

So, now at the dealer for the 3rd time. GM approved replacing the tires. They installed, balanced and tested. The mechanic took it out for a test drive and everything seemed fine. Then the service manager took it out to make sure it was corrected and the problem came back. The dealer went through everything. Tranny, Rear End, etc. They decided to pull the wheels off and check balance again. The rears were out. The mechanic then decided to balance them, mark the tires and the rim with some tire chalk, test drive it. During the test drive they stepped on the gas putting some load on the rears. When they returned back to the shop the tires had moved 4" on the rim. They are now seeing what can be done to prevent this. Using tire glue or if the compound is so hard they need to change brands. Will keep you posted on the results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper

Latest posts